Daily Current Affairs 8 May 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 8 May 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 8 May 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 8 May 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Film on Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman
- India and Bangladesh will co-produce a film on the life and works of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
- It will be directed by Shyam Benegal.
- Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, shortened as Sheikh Mujib or just Mujib, was a Bangladeshi politician and statesman. He is the founding father of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh.
- He served as the first President of Bangladesh and later as the Prime Minister of Bangladesh from 17 April 1971 until his assassination on 15 August 1975.
2. Border Road Organisation’s Raising Day
- Border Road Organisation’s 59th raising day was observed on 7th May.
- The Border Roads Organisation develops and maintains road networks in India’s border areas and friendly neighbouring countries. Officers from the Border Roads Engineering Service and personnel from the General Reserve Engineer Force form the parent cadre of the Border Roads Organisation.
- Headquarters: New Delhi || Motto: everything is achievable through hardwork, ‘Shramena Sarvam Sadhyam’ || Director General: Lt. Gen.Harpal Singh
3. ‘Honey Mission’ Initiative
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission distributed around one lakh bee-boxes among farmers and unemployed people under its ‘Honey Mission’ initiative.
- The Khadi and Village Industries Commission is a statutory body formed by the Government of India, under the Act of Parliament, ‘Khadi and Village Industries Commission Act of 1956’.
- Purpose: To plan, promote, facilitate, organise and assist in the establishment and development of khadi and village industries
- Headquarters: Mumbai || Agency executive: Vinai Kumar Saxena (Chairman) || Parent agency: Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
1. North Macedonia’s Presidential Election
- Stevo Pendarovski has won North Macedonia’s presidential election
- Stevo Pendarovski is supported by the ruling Social Democrats (SDSM).
- Macedonia Capital: Skopje || Currency: Macedonian denar
2. Three Major US Pageant Titles
- Miss USA, Miss Teen USA and Miss America are all black women for first time.
- 2019 Miss America :- Nia Franklin
- Miss USA :- Cheslie Kryst
- Miss Teen USA :- Kaliegh Garris
3. Self-Protect High Energy Laser Demonstrator (SHiELD)
- USA Air Force has successfully tested a laser system ‘SHiELD’ to shoot down multiple incoming missiles.
- It is developed by US Air Force Research Laboratory.
- It will protect the aircraft from incoming surface-to-air and air-to-air launched missiles.
4. Mali’s New Government
- President Ibrahim Boubacar Keita of Mali has announced the new executive council under Prime Minister Boubou Cisse.
- Mali, officially the Republic of Mali, is a landlocked country in West Africa.
- Capital: Bamako
1. ‘Gujarat Shops and Establishments Act, 2019’
- ‘Gujarat Shops and Establishments (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Act, 2019’ has come into force.
- This act allows shops, commercial establishments and businesses, can now remain open round the clock.
- Capital: Gandhinagar || Chief minister: Vijay Rupani || Governor: Om Prakash Kohli
2. Mastercard’s Investment in India
- Mastercard will invest $1 billion in India operations.
- Mastercard Incorporated is an American multinational financial services corporation headquartered in the Mastercard International Global Headquarters in Purchase, New York, United States. The Global Operations Headquarters is located in O’Fallon, Missouri, United States, a municipality of St. Charles County, Missouri.
- CEO: Ajaypal Singh Banga || Headquarters: Purchase, Harrison, New York, United States
3. Arctic Council
- India has been re-elected as an observer to Arctic Council.
- The Arctic Council is a high-level intergovernmental forum that addresses issues faced by the Arctic governments and the indigenous people of the Arctic.
- Headquarters: Tromsø, Norway || Founded: 1996 || Membership: Canada; Denmark; Finland; Iceland; Norway; Russia; Sweden; United States.
- Main organ: Secretariat || Formation: September 19, 1996; (Ottawa Declaration) || Type of business: Government agency
4. Comprehensive Convention on International Terrorism (CCIT)
- India has asked the adoption of the Comprehensive Convention on International Terrorism at the UN.
- The Comprehensive Convention on International Terrorism is a proposed treaty which intends to criminalize all forms of international terrorism and deny terrorists, their financiers and supporters access to funds, arms, and safe havens.
- It is a draft proposed by India in 1996 that is yet to be adopted by the UNGA.
1. Longest Dancing Marathon by an Individual
- Nepali teenager Bandana has set Guinness World Records on Longest Dancing Marathon.
- She danced continuously for 126 hours.
- Capital: Kathmandu || Currency: Nepalese rupee || Prime minister: KP Sharma Oli
2. 2019 UEFA Champions League Final
- The 2019 UEFA Champions League Final will be the final match of the 2018–19 UEFA Champions League, the 64th season of Europe’s premier club football tournament organised by UEFA
- It will be played at the Wanda Metropolitan in Madrid, Spain on 1 June 2019 between English sides Tottenham Hotspur, in their first ever final, and Liverpool.
- The winners will earn the right to play against the winners of the 2018–19 UEFA Europa League in the 2019 UEFA Super Cup.
3. 2019 Copa del Rey Final
- The 2019 Copa del Rey Final will be a football match played on 25 May 2019 to decide the winner of the 2018–19 Copa del Rey, the 117th edition of Spain’s primary football cup.
- The match will be played at the Estadio Benito Villamarín in Seville between Barcelona and Valencia.
- The Campeonato de España–Copa de Su Majestad el Rey, commonly known as Copa del Rey or simply La Copa, is an annual knockout football competition in Spanish football, organized by the Royal Spanish Football Federation. The competition was founded in 1903, thus making it the oldest Spanish football competition.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,8 May
- Daily Current Affairs: May 1
- Daily Current Affairs: May 2
- Daily Current Affairs: May 3
- Daily Current Affairs: May 4
- Daily Current Affairs: May 5
- Daily Current Affairs: May 6
- Daily Current Affairs: May 7
- Daily Current Affairs: May 8
- Daily Current Affairs: May 9
- Daily Current Affairs: May 10
- Daily Current Affairs: May 11
- Daily Current Affairs: May 12
- Daily Current Affairs: May 13
- Daily Current Affairs: May 14
- Daily Current Affairs: May 15
- Daily Current Affairs: May 16
- Daily Current Affairs: May 17
- Daily Current Affairs: May 18
- Daily Current Affairs: May 19
- Daily Current Affairs: May 20
- Daily Current Affairs: May 21
- Daily Current Affairs: May 22
- Daily Current Affairs: May 23
- Daily Current Affairs: May 24
- Daily Current Affairs: May 25
- Daily Current Affairs: May 26
- Daily Current Affairs: May 27
- Daily Current Affairs: May 28
- Daily Current Affairs: May 29
- Daily Current Affairs: May 30
- Daily Current Affairs: May 31