Daily Current Affairs 8 April 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 8 April 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 8 April 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 8 April 2019 Current affairs test.
1. First vote of 2019 Lok Sabha elections
- The first vote of 2019 Lok Sabha elections was cast in Lohitpur of Arunachal Pradesh by service voters.
- Arunachal Pradesh is one of the 29 states of India and is the northeastern-most state of the country. Arunachal Pradesh borders the states of Assam and Nagaland to the south and shares international borders with Bhutan in the west, Myanmar in the east and is separated from China in the north by the McMahon Line.
- Capital: Itanagar || Chief minister: Pema Khandu || Governor: BD Mishra || Official animal: Gayal
2. National Cardiology Conference
- Vice President Venkaiah Naidu will be the chief guest at National Cardiology Conference 2019 which is being held in Lucknow.
- Cardiology is a branch of medicine that deals with the disorders of the heart as well as some parts of the circulatory system. The field includes medical diagnosis and treatment of congenital heart defects, coronary artery disease, heart failure, valvular heart disease and electrophysiology.
3. 75th anniversary of the Battle of Kohima
- The Battle of Kohima was the turning point of the Japanese U Go offensive into India in 1944 during the Second World War. The battle was fought in three stages from 4 April to 22 June 1944 around the town of Kohima in Nagaland in northeast India.
- The 75th anniversary of the Battle of Kohima was observed by the Nagaland Government
- Theme : ‘Remembrance, Reconciliation and Rebirth’.
4. Army Commanders’ Conference
- The Army Commanders’ Conference has begun in New Delhi.
- The Indian Army is the land-based branch and the largest component of Indian Armed Forces. The President of India is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Army, and it is commanded by the Chief of Army Staff, who is a four-star general.
1. Middle East and North Africa (MENA) 2019
- World Economic Forum on the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) 2019 has started in Jordan.
- Jordan :- Capital: Amman || Currency: Jordanian dinar
- The World Economic Forum, based in Cologny-Geneva, Switzerland, was founded in 1971 as a not-for-profit organization. It gained formal status in January 2015 under the Swiss Host-State Act, confirming the role of the Forum as an International Institution for Public-Private Cooperation.
2. Foundation stone for Abu Dhabi’s first Hindu temple
- Foundation stone for Abu Dhabi’s first Hindu temple to be built in Abu Mureikha, near Al Rahba, will arrive from Rajasthan, India.
- Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates, sits off the mainland on an island in the Persian (Arabian) Gulf. Its focus on oil exports and commerce.
- UAE :- Capital: Abu Dhabi || Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham
3. 70th anniversary of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) Navy
- Indian naval ships — INS ‘Kolkata’ and ‘Shakti’ — will take part in 70th anniversary of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) Navy of China.
- INS Kolkata is the lead ship of the Kolkata-class stealth guided-missile destroyers of the Indian Navy. She was constructed at Mazagon Dock Limited, and was handed over to the navy on 10 July 2014 after completing her sea trials.
- INS Shakti (A57) is a Deepak-class fleet tanker in service with the Indian Navy. She was built by Fincantieri, an Italian shipbuilding company based in Trieste. She is the second and final ship of her class. Shakti, along with her predecessor Deepak, is one of the largest ships of the Indian Navy.
- China :- Capital: Beijing || Currency: Renminbi || President: Xi Jinping
4. Exercise Mitra Shakti
- The 6th edition of Exercise Mitra Shakti between the Indian Army and the Sri Lankan Army has concluded in Sri Lanka.
- Capitals: Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte || Currency: Sri Lankan rupee || Prime minister: Ranil Wickremesinghe || President: Maithripala Sirisena
1. Lakshmi Vilas Bank with Indiabulls Housing
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank is set to merge with Indiabulls Housing Finance in a share-swap deal.
- Shareholders of Lakshmi Vilas Bank will get 14 shares of Indiabulls Housing Finance for every 100 equity shares held in the bank.
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank was founded in 1926 by a group of seven businessmen of Karur under the leadership of Shri V.S.N. Ramalinga Chettiar. Their objective was to cater to the financial needs of people in and around Karur who were occupied in trading businesses, industry and agriculture.
- Indiabulls Housing Finance Limited is a mortgage lender which is headquartered in New Delhi, India. It is India’s second largest housing finance company and is regulated by the National Housing Bank. It is part of Sameer Gehlaut’s Indiabulls group and contributes approximately 80% of the groups turnover.
2. Karnataka Bank with Bharti AXA
- Karnataka Bank has signed a pact with Bharti AXA Life Insurance Company under Bancassurance.
- Bancassurance is a relationship between a bank and an insurance company that is aimed at offering insurance products or insurance benefits to the bank’s customers. In this partnership, bank staff and tellers become the point of sale and point of contact for the customer.
- Bharti AXA General Insurance Company Ltd. is a joint venture between Bharti Enterprises and AXA business Group that operates in India. Bharti Enterprises shares 51% stake in the venture while AXA Group shares 49% stake. The company offers general insurance products to retail and commercial clients.
- Karnataka Bank Limited, is an ‘A’ Class Scheduled Commercial Bank based in Mangaluru in Karnataka, India.
3. New Chairman of NASSCOM
- Keshav Murugesh has been appointed as the new Chairman of NASSCOM for fiscal 2019-20.
- The National Association of Software and Services Companies is a trade association of Indian Information Technology and Business Process Outsourcing industry. Established in 1988, NASSCOM is a non-profit organisation.
- NASSCOM Headquarters Noida, Uttar Pradesh
4. LCR norms
- RBI has provided additional 2% liquidity window to the lenders by twisting liquidity coverage ratio (LCR) norms.
- The liquidity coverage ratio (LCR) refers to the proportion of highly liquid assets held by financial institutions, to ensure their ongoing ability to meet short-term obligations.
- The LCR requirements are designed to ensure banks maintain an adequate level of readily available, high-quality liquid assets, or HQLA, that can quickly and easily be converted into cash to meet any liquidity needs that might arise during a 30-day period of liquidity stress.
1. Malaysia Open Badminton
- Men’s Singles : Lin Dan (China)
- Women’s Singles : Tai Tzu-ying (Taiwan)
- Men’s Doubles : Li Junhui& Liu Yuchen (China)
- Women’s Doubles : Chen Qingchen & JiaYifan (China)
- Mixed Doubles : Zheng Siwei & Huang Yaqiong (China)
2. Indian Men’s Hockey Team Chief Coach
- Graham Reid has been appointed as new Indian Men’s Hockey Team Chief Coach.
- The India national field hockey team was the first non-European team to be a part of the International Hockey Federation. In 1928, the team won its first Olympic gold medal and until 1960, the Indian men’s team remained unbeaten in the Olympics, winning six gold medals in a row.
3. ArieIrawan passes away
- ArieIrawan was a Malaysian professional golfer who played on the Asian Tour, the Asian Development Tour and the PGA Tour China.
- He won two events on the Asian Development Tour in early 2015.
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15
- Daily Current Affairs: April 16
- Daily Current Affairs: April 17
- Daily Current Affairs: April 18
- Daily Current Affairs: April 19
- Daily Current Affairs: April 20
- Daily Current Affairs: April 21
- Daily Current Affairs: April 22
- Daily Current Affairs: April 23
- Daily Current Affairs: April 24
- Daily Current Affairs: April 25
- Daily Current Affairs: April 26
- Daily Current Affairs: April 27
- Daily Current Affairs: April 28
- Daily Current Affairs: April 29
- Daily Current Affairs: April 30