Daily Current Affairs 8 August 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 8 August 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 8 August 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 8 August 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Jal Bachao,Video Banao,Puraskar Pao Contest
- Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation has announced the winners of the Jal Bachao, Video Banao, Puraskar Pao contest.
- Shreshth Sahu, Satish Mewada and Gopal Prajapati are the winners.
- The Contest was launched with the objective of spreading awareness about water conservation.
2. Former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi passed away
- DMK chief Muthuvel Karunanidhi passes away at 94,Chennai.
- Muthuvel Karunanidhi was an Indian writer and politician who served as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu for five terms and twenty years between 1969 and 2011.
3. ‘I am not afraid of English’ initiative
- This initiative has launched by Haryana government.
- In primary schools, The students will be taught one English sentence a day as part of the initiative.
4. Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) Schemes
- 117 districts are identified as Aspirational Districts for RUSA Scheme.
- This is done by NITI Aayog and in unserved and underserved districts in North Eastern and Himalayan States.
1. Maitree 2018
- Maitree Exercise is a joint military exercise between Indian Army and Royal Thai Army which has started in Thailand.
- Last exercise was held in Himachal Pradesh’s Bakloh in 2017.
2. Falcon 9 rocket
- Falcon 9 rocket will lead with more than 70 satellites into orbit later this year.
- Space Exploration Technologies Corp., doing business as SpaceX, is a private American aerospace manufacturer and space transportation services company headquartered in Hawthorne, California.
3. Sunway Supercomputer
- China launched Sunway Supercomputer prototype.
- This can execute a quintillion(a thousand raised to the power of six) calculations per second.
1. IDEMIA to manufacture and personalise RuPay chip cards
- The certification is issued by the National Payments Corporation of India.
- IDEMIA is a French company and a global leader in augmented identity.
2. United India Insurance’s New Director
- United India Insurance has appointed S Gopa kumar as Director and General Manager.
- Head Office – Chennai , Incorporated – 1938
3. GOAMILES App
- It is the Goa Tourism’s app-based taxi service.
- It is launched by CM Manohar Parrikar.
1. ATP world Rankings
- Rafael Nadal(Spain) with 9310 Points is on the top.
- Roger Federer(Switzerland) with 7080 is second on the list.
2. 2020 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games:-Update
- Facial recognition technology to be used in 2020 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- This for the first time in the history of the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
3. Under 20 football COTIF Cup
- India U-20 team defeated Argentina U20 team by 2-1 in COTIF Cup.
- Floyd Pinto is the coach of the Under 20 team.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,8 August