Daily Current Affairs 8 December 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 8 December 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 8 December 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 8 December 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Ministry of Railways with Department for International Development (DFID) UK
- Ministry of Railways has signed a MoU with Department for International Development (DFID), UK to achieve energy efficiency and self-sufficiency for Indian Railways.
- The Department for International Development is a United Kingdom government department responsible for administering overseas aid. The goal of the department is “to promote sustainable development and eliminate world poverty”. DFID is headed by the United Kingdom’s Secretary of State for International Development.
2. Operation Clean Art
- Government launched the Operation Clean Art across India to crackdown illegal trade in the mongoose hair.
- It will come under Wildlife Crime Control Bureau, a statutory body under the Ministry of Environment, Forests, and Climate Change along with assistance from the Central Bureau of Investigation
- For every kilogram of mongoose hair that is used in brushes, about 50 animals are killed. An estimated one lakh mongooses die for art annually.
3. National Public Procurement Conclave
- Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal has inaugurated the 3rd edition of National Public Procurement Conclave in New Delhi.
- It is organized by Government e-Marketplace, GeM in association with Confederation of Indian Industry.
4. National Clean Air Programme
- Government of India has launched National Clean Air Programme as a long-term, time-bound, national-level strategy to tackle the air pollution.
- Aim: To achieve 20% to 30% reduction in Particulate Matter PM10 and PM2.5 concentrations by 2024.
- Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change: Prakash Javadekar.
1. NATO Summit 2019
- The 70th NATO Summit 2019 has been concluded in Watford, United Kingdom.
- The North Atlantic Treaty Organization, also called the North Atlantic Alliance, is an intergovernmental military alliance between 29 North American and European countries. The organization implements the North Atlantic Treaty that was signed on 4 April 1949.
- NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg
- Member countries of NATO: 29 || Founded: 4 April 1949 || Headquarters: Brussels, Belgium.
2. Exercise INDRA 2019
- Tri-services exercise between India and Russia ‘INDRA 2019’ will be conducted in India from 10-19 December 2019 simultaneously at Babina (near Jhansi), Pune, and Goa.
- President: Vladimir Putin || Capital: Moscow || Currency: Russian ruble
3. Canada Pension Plan Investment Board with National Investment and Infrastructure Fund
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) have agreed to invest up to $600 million through the NIIF Master Fund.
- NIIF Master Fund invests equity capital in core infrastructure sectors in India, with a focus on transportation, energy and urban infrastructure.
- National Investment and Infrastructure Fund of India MD and CEO: Sujoy Bose.
- National Investment and Infrastructure Fund is India’s first sovereign wealth fund that was set up by the Government of India in February 2015.
- The Master Fund is an infrastructure fund with the objective of primarily investing in operating assets in the core infrastructure sectors such as roads, ports, airports, power etc.
1. S&P Global’s outlook for India
- Ratings Agency S&P Global has reaffirmed India’s sovereign rating at BBB- with stable outlook.
- It expects India’s economy to continue to outperform its peers along with strong growth over the next two years.
- S&P Global Inc. is an American publicly traded corporation headquartered in Manhattan, New York City. Its primary areas of business are financial information and analytics.
- CEO: Douglas L. Peterson || Headquarters: New York || Founder: James H. McGraw || Founded: 1917, New York
2. Wipro’s Next-Gen Cybersecurity Defence Centre
- Wipro Ltd has launched its next-generation cybersecurity defence centre in Melbourne, Australia.
- WIPRO Group is an Indian multinational corporation that provides information technology, consulting and business process services. It is headquartered in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. In 2013, Wipro separated its non-IT businesses and formed the privately owned Wipro Enterprises.
- CEO: Abidali Neemuchwala || Founder: M.H. Hasham Premji || Founded: 29 December 1945, India || Owner: Azim Premji || Headquarters: Bengaluru
3. Flipkart with Punjab Government
- Flipkart and Punjab Government have signed MoU to create opportunities for MSMEs in the state.
- Capital: Chandigarh || Governor: V.P. Singh Badnore || Chief minister: Amarinder Singh
4. Book ‘Kaleswaram Project — Telangana’s chariot of Progress’
- Book ‘Kaleswaram Project — Telangana’s chariot of Progress’ is authored by Officer on Special Duty, Irrigation to the Chief Minister, Sridhar Rao Deshpande.
- It is released by Telangana Chief Minister K.Chandrasekhar Rao.
- The Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project or KLIP is a multi-purpose irrigation project on the Godavari River in Kaleshwaram, Bhoopalpally, Telangana, India.
- Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project is the world’s largest multi-stage lift irrigation project, its farthest upstream influence is at the confluence of the Pranhita and Godavari rivers.
1. Bob Willis passes away
- Former England captain Bob Willis passed away.
- Robert George Dylan Willis MBE was an English cricketer, who played for Surrey, Warwickshire, Northern Transvaal and England.
2. La Liga hat-trick record
- Lionel Messi (35 hat-tricks in La Liga) has broken Cristiano Ronaldo’s record for the most hat-tricks in La Liga history.
- The Campeonato Nacional de Liga de PrimeraDivisión, commonly known as La Liga, is the men’s top professional football division of the Spanish football league system.
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15
- Daily Current Affairs: December 16
- Daily Current Affairs: December 17
- Daily Current Affairs: December 18
- Daily Current Affairs: December 19
- Daily Current Affairs: December 20
- Daily Current Affairs: December 21
- Daily Current Affairs: December 22
- Daily Current Affairs: December 23
- Daily Current Affairs: December 24
- Daily Current Affairs: December 25
- Daily Current Affairs: December 26
- Daily Current Affairs: December 27
- Daily Current Affairs: December 28
- Daily Current Affairs: December 29
- Daily Current Affairs: December 30
- Daily Current Affairs: December 31