Daily Current Affairs 8 July 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 8 July 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 8 July 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 8 July 2017 Current affairs test.
1. India to invite all ASEAN heads to Republic Day parade next year
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj said that efforts were being taken to strengthen ties with the ASEAN(Association of Southeast Asian Nations)
- Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam are the members of ASEAN.
2. Sonia Gandhi to inaugurate Dalit outreach program on July 21
- The Opposition Party Congress is set to organise Dr. B.R.Ambedkar National Conference 2017 from July 21 to July 23 in Bengaluru.
- The event named Quest4Equality will have scholars from around the world who will focus on principles of democracy and importance of social justice.
3.TN Government buses to have CCTV Cameras
- State run Transport corporations will add CCTV cameras to ensure safety of women and children while travelling.
- Transport Minister Mr.Vijaybhasker said that this move will reduce incidents of crime.
4. Modi meets May, seeks UK’s help
- PM Narendra Modi met British Prime Minister Theresa May on the sidelines of G20 summit and sought UK’s help in extradition of Vijay Mallya and other economic offenders.
- Vijay Mallya has been in UK for months escaping arrest warrants.
1.UN adopts global treaty for nuclear weapons, first of its kind
- The Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons has been adopted by the United Nations despite Netherlands opposition and Singapore abstention.
- India and eight other nuclear armed nations skipped the talks.
2.“Tremendous meeting with Putin”
- U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said Mr.Trump and Mr.Putin had a robust discussion regarding Russia’s involvement in U.S. Elections but Mr.Putin denied.
- Russia’s Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said Mr.Trump accepted Mr.Putin’s assurance that they did not interfere in the elections.
- Both of them gave different explanations of what took place.
3.U.S. Bombers hold firing drills with South Korean forces
- The B-1B bombers conducted a live fire exercise in South Korea’s Gangwon Province dropping weapons on a simulated attack on a missile launcher.
- These strike drills are aimed at attacking enemy targets hidden underground.
4. LeT, JeM have different names but same ideology : PM Modi
- PM Modi leads fight against terror at G20 Summit in Hamburg, Germany.
- He said that the terrorist organisations work with different names around the world but their ideology is the same.
5. China issues safety advisory to its citizens in India
- The advisory which is not a travel advisory tells Chinese citizens in India to pay close attention to the local security situation, improve awareness of protecting themselves, strengthen security and many more.
- This is the latest move by Beijing to increase pressure over the stand-off at Doklam region.
1 .Charges at Delhi airport to cut by 89%
- Post GST, the Union Government has ordered a reduction of tickets by 89.40% for the passengers travelling in and out of Delhi.
- This new tariff structure will be effective from July 7 and will be fixed for five years.
2. Microsoft to cut up to 4000 jobs
- Technology giant Microsoft led my Satya Nadella is focusing on reorganisation in sales and marketing units that may result in re-deployment of 3000-4000 people outside U.S
- The sales and the marketing units currently consists of 50,000 people worldwide.
- Microsoft has 71,000 employees in the U.S and 121,000 employees worldwide.
3. Jaguar Land Rover sales rise by 11%
- Tata Motors owned Jaguar Land Rover has reported sales of 51,591 units in June that indicates an increase by 11% over June last year.
1. Tintu Luka in Asian Athletics’ final
- The 22nd Asian Athletics Championship is being held at Bhubaneswar.
- Defending Champion Tintu Luka has reached the 800 m finals.< li>
2. Roger Federer against Mischa Zverev
- Federer has faced the Russian-born German, Zverev on a couple of occasions earlier
- But Federer is unclear on what to expect from his third round opponent as it can stop him from reaching final 16 at Wimbledon 2017.
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15
- Daily Current Affairs: July 16
- Daily Current Affairs: July 17
- Daily Current Affairs: July 18
- Daily Current Affairs: July 19
- Daily Current Affairs: July 20
- Daily Current Affairs: July 21
- Daily Current Affairs: July 22
- Daily Current Affairs: July 23
- Daily Current Affairs: July 24
- Daily Current Affairs: July 25
- Daily Current Affairs: July 26
- Daily Current Affairs: July 27
- Daily Current Affairs: July 28
- Daily Current Affairs: July 29
- Daily Current Affairs: July 30
- Daily Current Affairs: July 31