Daily Current Affairs 8 June 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 8 June 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 8 June 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 8 June 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Haryana govt orders sportspersons to pay 33% income to state
- The Haryana government has issued a notification directing sportspersons employed with the state to pay 33% of their income earned professionally and through commercial endorsements to the state sports council.
- They will have to submit their full income if they are considered to be on-duty by the concerned authority. The money will be used for development of sports in Haryana.
2. Telangana cops launch helpline after DGP lists 391 corrupt cops
- Telangana Police have launched helpline numbers to lodge complaints against policemen demanding bribes after a survey ordered by DGP M Mahendar Reddy exposed 391 corrupt policemen.
- Calling the list of corrupt officials “indicative but not exhaustive”, the DGP had emailed the list to all district police chiefs and directed them to put an end to the menace of bribe collection.
3. CM Naidu declares Andhra Pradesh open-defecation free
- Andhra Pradesh CM Chandrababu Naidu has declared the state open-defecation free after achieving the goal of constructing 2.77 lakh individual toilets.
- completed the task of constructing toilets but they have to be used by every individual. For that, the administration has to take up some awareness programmes
1. Rajini’s ‘Kaala’ 1st Indian film to release in Saudi Arabia
- Rajinikanth starrer ‘Kaala’ became the first Indian film to release in Saudi Arabia, months after the kingdom opened a cinema for the first time in 35 years.
- ‘Black Panther’ was the first movie to be screened in Saudi Arabia in 35 years.
2. Trump hosts his first Iftar dinner at White House
- US President Donald Trump on Wednesday hosted his first Iftar dinner at the White House, which was attended by ambassadors from several Muslim-majority nations.
- The US President said Iftar marked “the coming together of families and friends to celebrate a timeless message of peace, clarity and love”.
3. Four Indians institutions among the top 20 BRICS Nations’ Universities
- IIT Bombay, IISc Bangalore, IIT Delhi and IIT Madras are among the 20 top universities from Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
- IIT Bombay ranks 9th in the list. IISc Bangalore ranks 10th while Indian Institute of Technology Delhi 17th. Indian Institute of Technology Madras is at the 18th position.
4. Canada moves a step closer to legalising marijuana
- Canadian senators passed the Cannabis Act by 56 votes to 30 with one abstention after studying the landmark legislation for six months.
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has committed to making marijuana legal by this summer.
1.China’s ZTE to pay $1 billion fine to US to lift sanctions
- Chinese telecommunications equipment maker ZTE has agreed to a $1 billion fine to end US sanctions against it.
- The US blocked ZTE’s access to US suppliers in April after an investigation found that ZTE had been shipping gear to Iran and North Korea illegally.
2. Amazon invests $1.5 million in its Indian food retail biz
- Amazon has infused $1.5 million in Amazon Retail India, its food retail business in the country.
- Amazon became the first foreign e-commerce firm to start its own food retail venture in India, piloting its services in Pune.
3. Azim Premji’s youngest son Tariq Premji joins Wipro Enterprises board
- Tariq Premji, the youngest son of billionaire and philanthropist Azim Premji, has been appointed to the board of Wipro Enterprises.
- Tariq will join in his father and brother Rishad Premji on the board of the unlisted Wipro Enterprises as a non-executive director.
4. Indians account for over 75% of US green card waiting list
- Indians account for over 75% of the highly-skilled professionals waiting to obtain legal permanent residence status in the US, popularly known as green card.
- The country second to india is China.
1. Arjun Tendulkar breaks into India U-19 team for first time
- The left-arm fast bowler was among 25 under-19 cricketers who recently underwent a month-long National Cricket Academy camp in Dharamshala.
- Arjun had taken 18 wickets in nine Cooch Behar Under-19 Trophy matches last season.
2. 10-time champion Nadal reaches French Open semis for 11th time
- World number one Rafael Nadal on Thursday defeated Diego Schwartzman in a rain-affected match to reach the French Open semi-finals for the 11th time.
- The 10-time French Open champion registered a four-set comeback win after having dropped his first set at Roland Garros since 2015.
3. World number one Halep reaches her 3rd French Open final
- World number one women’s tennis player Simona Halep on Thursday defeated world number three Garbiñe Muguruzà to enter her third French Open final.
- Halep will face world number 10 Sloane Stephens in the final .