Daily Current Affairs 8 March 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 8 March 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 8 March 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 8 March 2019 Current affairs test.
1. New Rs 20 Coin
- The Govt. has announced a new Rs 20 coin which will come in Dodecagon shape (12-Edged Polygon).
- It will be made in copper, zinc and nickel. It will be 27mm and weigh 8.54 grams.
2. National Annual Rural Sanitation Survey, NARSS 2018-19
- Acc. to National Annual Rural Sanitation Survey, 96.5 per cent of the households in rural India have access to a toilet.
- SBM is a nation-wide campaign in India for the period 2014 to 2019 that aims to clean up the streets, roads and infrastructure of India’s cities, towns, and rural areas. The campaign’s official name is in Hindi and translates to “Clean India Mission” in English.
- The objectives of Swachh Bharat include eliminating open defecation through the construction of household-owned and community-owned toilets and establishing an accountable mechanism of monitoring toilet use. Run by the Government of India, the mission aims to achieve an “open-defecation free” (ODF) India by 2 October 2019, the 150th anniversary of the birth of Mahatma Gandhi.
- The mission will also contribute to India reaching Sustainable Development Goal 6.
- ‘Sustainable Development Goal 6’ calls for clean water and sanitation for all people. The official wording is: “Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.”
3. Jalamrutha Scheme
- Karnataka Govt. has launched a water conservation scheme named Jalamrutha.
- The focus is on drought-proofing measures, protection and rejuvenation of water bodies.
4. Sulabh Sculpture Award
- Artist Phani Bhushan Biswas was awarded the ‘Sulabh Sculpture Award’ on the 49th Foundation Day of Sulabh International in New Delhi.
- Sulabh International Non-profit organization is an India-based social service organization that works to promote human rights, environmental sanitation, non-conventional sources of energy, waste management and social reforms through education.
1. International Women’s Day
- International Women’s Day is celebrated on March 8 every year. It is a focal point in the movement for women’s rights.
- After the Socialist Party of America organized a Women’s Day on February 28, 1909, in New York, the 1910 International Socialist Woman’s Conference suggested a Women’s Day be held annually.
- Theme :- ‘Think Equal, Build Smart, Innovate for Change’.
2. First-ever all-female spacewalk
- NASA will carry out the First-ever all-female spacewalk with astronauts Christina Koch and Anne McClain at the International Space Station on March 29.
- Svetlana Yevgenyevna Savitskaya is a retired Soviet aviator and cosmonaut who flew aboard Soyuz T-7 in 1982, becoming the second woman in space. On her 1984 mission she became the first woman to fly to space twice, and the first woman to perform a spacewalk.
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is an independent agency of the United States Federal Government responsible for the civilian space program, as well as aeronautics and aerospace research. NASA was established in 1958, succeeding the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics.
3. International Criminal Court
- Malaysia has become a member of the International Criminal Court as 124th member.
- The Coalition for the International Criminal Court is an international non-governmental organisation with a membership of over 2,500 organizations worldwide advocating for a fair, effective and independent International Criminal Court.
4. Exercise Al Nagah 2019
- Al Nagah 2019 is the bilateral joint exercise between India and Oman.
- Capital: Muscat || Currency: Omani rial
1. India’s Unemployment Rate
- Acc. to Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy, India’s unemployment rate rose to 7.2% in February 2019 as compared to 5.9% in February 2018.
- CMIE, or Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy, HQ:- Mumbai, is a leading business information company. It was established in 1976, primarily as an independent think tank.
2. National Archives of India
- Govt. has appointed P Venkata Ramesh Babu as Director General of the National Archives of India.
- The National Archives of India is a repository of the non-current records of the Government of India and holds them in trust for the use of administrators and scholars.
3. Pritzker Architecture Prize
- Architect Arata Isozaki of Japan has received Pritzker Architecture Prize 2019.
- The Pritzker Architecture Prize is awarded annually “to honour a living architect or architects whose built work demonstrates a combination of those qualities of talent, vision and commitment, which has produced consistent and significant contributions to humanity and the built environment through the art of architecture”.
- Balkrishna Vithaldas Doshi is an Indian architect. His more noteworthy designs include the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, Indian Institute of Management Udaipur and the Aranya Low Cost Housing development in Indore which was awarded the Aga Khan Award for Architecture. In 2018, he became the first Indian architect to receive the Pritzker Architecture Prize.
4. ‘Green Era’ Award
- TVS Motor Company has awarded the International Sustainability Award – ‘Green Era Award for Sustainability’ in Lisbon, Portugal.
- TVS Motor Company is a multinational motorcycle company headquartered at Chennai, India. It is the third largest motorcycle company in India with a revenue of over ₹15,000 crore in 2017-18.
1. 2019 All England Open
- Saina Nehwal is out of All England Open Championship after going down against Tai Tzu Ying (Taiwanese ).
- Kidambi Srikanth is out of All England Open Championship after defeating against Kento Momota of Japan.
2. Fastest batsman to score 9000 runs as captain
- Virat Kohli has become the fastest batsman to score 9000 runs in international cricket as captain
- He was also the fastest to reach 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000, and 8000 ODI international runs as captain.
3. World Snooker Championship 2019
- The 2019 World Snooker Championship is a future professional snooker tournament, taking place from 20 April to 6 May 2019 at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield, England.
- The World Snooker Championship is the leading snooker tournament both in terms of prestige and prize money. The first championship was held in 1927 and was won by Joe Davis. Davis won the first 15 championships before retiring from the event, undefeated, after his 1946 success.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,8 March
- Daily Current Affairs: March 1
- Daily Current Affairs: March 2
- Daily Current Affairs: March 3
- Daily Current Affairs: March 4
- Daily Current Affairs: March 5
- Daily Current Affairs: March 6
- Daily Current Affairs: March 7
- Daily Current Affairs: March 8
- Daily Current Affairs: March 9
- Daily Current Affairs: March 10
- Daily Current Affairs: March 11
- Daily Current Affairs: March 12
- Daily Current Affairs: March 13
- Daily Current Affairs: March 14
- Daily Current Affairs: March 15
- Daily Current Affairs: March 16
- Daily Current Affairs: March 17
- Daily Current Affairs: March 18
- Daily Current Affairs: March 19
- Daily Current Affairs: March 20
- Daily Current Affairs: March 21
- Daily Current Affairs: March 22
- Daily Current Affairs: March 23
- Daily Current Affairs: March 24
- Daily Current Affairs: March 25
- Daily Current Affairs: March 26
- Daily Current Affairs: March 27
- Daily Current Affairs: March 28
- Daily Current Affairs: March 29
- Daily Current Affairs: March 30
- Daily Current Affairs: March 31