Daily Current Affairs 8 May 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 8 May 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 8 May 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 8 May 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Railways to adopt AI system
- It is to ensure that hygienic food is served in the trains.
- This comes after the food served by Indian Railways was declared as unfit for human consumption.
2. 108 for help in thunderstorm
- 108 is the Government Disaster Management helpline number.
- The IMD has issued warning for 2 days across 20 states.
3. Congress withdraws impeachment petition
- The petition challenging the rejection of an impeachment motion against CJI Dipak Misra was dismissed.
- Vice President Naidu had rejected the motion calling it arbitrary.
4. Jayalalithaa memorial to be built in TN
- The phoenix shaped structure will be built in 50,422 sqft area.
- It will built on Marina Beach front near her burial site.
1. Kim visits China
- Kim Jong-un made a 2nd visit to China in 2 months.
- Reports said that the leaders discussed issues of common concern.
2. US being hard on families
- US will separate families entering illegally by placing children in protective custody.
- Earlier, the country announced that they will be criminally prosecuted.
3. Hafiz Saeed starts his party’s poll campaign
- JuD chief Hafiz Saeed has begun campaigning for Milli Muslim League.
- The party has not yet been registered by the Election Commission of Pakistan.
4. Probe on Nawaz Sharif
- A probe was launched into allegations that he laundered $4.9 bn to India.
- He was disqualified as PM last year after he was found guilty of corruption.
1. ICICI adds to market cap despite fall in profit
- The bank added Rs.12,700 cr to market capitalisation.
- Its profit for March quarter fell by 50% to Rs.1,020 cr.
2. Jubilant FoodWorks profit rises 900%
- The company operates Domino’sin India.
- Shares of the company fell by 2% after this was announced.
3. Mallya loses lawsuit filed by Indian banks
- He lost the UK lawsuit seeking to collect $1.55 bn.
- The court refused to overturn worldwide order freezing his assets.
1. BCCI announces India squad for Ireland tour
- This is India’s 1st tour to Ireland in 11 years.
- The T20I will be held on June 27,29 in Dublin.
2. Rahane to lead India against Afghanistan
- Ajinkya Rahane will be the captain in the Tests which will begin on June 14.
- This will be Afghanistan’s 1st Test after obtaining the Test status in 2017.
- Daily Current Affairs: May 1
- Daily Current Affairs: May 2
- Daily Current Affairs: May 3
- Daily Current Affairs: May 4
- Daily Current Affairs: May 5
- Daily Current Affairs: May 6
- Daily Current Affairs: May 7
- Daily Current Affairs: May 8
- Daily Current Affairs: May 9
- Daily Current Affairs: May 10
- Daily Current Affairs: May 11
- Daily Current Affairs: May 12
- Daily Current Affairs: May 13
- Daily Current Affairs: May 14
- Daily Current Affairs: May 15