Daily Current Affairs 8 November 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 8 November 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 8 November 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 8 November 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Global IT Challenge for Youth with Disabilities, 2018
- “Global IT Challenge for Youth with Disabilities, 2018” is being organised by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD).
- DEPwD comes under Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- Thaawarchand Gehlot, Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment will inaugurate the event on 9th November, 2018.
2. ‘Mo bus service’
- ‘Mo bus service’ has been launched in Odisha by CM Naveen Patnaik.
- ‘Mo Bus mobile app’ is for Booking through mobile.
- It has facilities like: free Wi-Fi, CCTV surveillance, public information display system and on board announcements.
3. Faizabad to be known as Ayodhya
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath renamed Faizabad as Ayodhya(birthplace of Lord Ram).
- Ayodhya is a city located in Ayodhya District in Uttar Pradesh, India. It is identified with the legendary city of Ayodhya, and as such, is believed to be the birthplace of Rama and setting of the epic Ramayana.
4. Border Area Development Programme
- Home Ministry has released Rs. 113.36 crore under the Border Area Development Programme for 6 states.
- 6 states are: Assam, Nagaland, Sikkim, Gujarat, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand.
1. International Telecommunications Union (ITU) Council
- India has been re-elected as a Member of the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) Council.
- The elections of the council held during ITU Plenipotentiary Conference 2018 at Dubai, UAE.
2. Breakthrough Junior Challenge
- Samay Godika won the fourth annual ‘Breakthrough Junior Challenge-2018’.
- Breakthrough Junior Challenge is a global science video competition.
3. India’s contribution for UN
- India pledged contributions of USD 13.36 million for the various UN agencies and development activities.
- The pledge was taken by Secretary in India’s Permanent Mission to the UN, Mahesh Kumar on behalf of India during the 2018 United Nations Pledging Conference for Development Activities at the UN Headquarters in New York, USA.
4. 1st China International Import Expo
- India will participate in China’s 1st International Import Expo, Shanghai.
- Anil Kumar Rai will be Consul General of India’s Consulate in Shanghai.
1. Citigroup’s New Chairman
- Citigroup has appointed John Dugan as its new chairman.
- Citigroup Inc. or Citi is an American multinational investment bank and financial services corporation headquartered in New York City. The company was formed by the merger of banking giant Citicorp and financial conglomerate Travelers Group in 1998; however, Travelers was spun off from the company in 2002.
2. ‘Distinguished Fellow’ award
- Anupam Kher was honoured as a ‘Distinguished Fellow’ by IndiaGlobal(A US think-tank).
- IndiaGlobal:- Headquarters: USA.
3. World Bank with Andhra Govt.
- Andhra Pradesh Govt. with World Bank have signed the loan agreement for $172.20 million.
- The aim is to enhance agricultural productivity, profitability, and climate resilience of poor and marginalised farmers in Andhra Pradesh.
4. Digital Public Credit Registry
- RBI will setup Digital Public Credit Registry to capture details of all borrowers.
- RBI:- Founded: 1st April 1935 || Headquarters: Mumbai || 24th Governor: Dr. Urjit Patel.
1. L&T Mumbai Open
- Luksika Kumkhum won the singles title in the L&T Mumbai Open at the Cricket Club of India courts, in Mumbai.
- She won her first WTA (Women’s Tennis Association) title by winning this.
2. The Fire Burns Blue: A History of Women’s Cricket in India
- It is a book on history of women’s cricket in India, will be launched in November.
- It is co-authored by Karunya Keshav and Sidhanta Pathak.
3. Mark Taylor has resigned
- Mark Taylor has resigned from Cricket Australia’s board of directors.
- He is a former Australian cricketer; currently a Nine Network commentator. He was Test opening batsman from 1988 to 1999, as well as captain from 1994 to 1999, succeeding Allan Border.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,8 November