Daily Current Affairs 08 October 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 08 October 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 08 October 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 08 October 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Indian Air Force celebrates 85th anniversary.
- The Indian Air Force is celebrating its 85th anniversary on 8th October 2017.
- The Indian Air Force was officially established on 8th October 1932. Birendra Singh Dhanoa is present Air Chief Marshal of Indian Air Force.
2. India’s Coffee output pegged at record 3.5lakh tons in 2017-18.
- Coffee output in India is pegged to be a record 3.5lakh tons. According to Coffee Board the final output lowered by 10.34% at 3.12lakh tons in 2016-17 marketing year from 3.48lakh tons in the previous year.
- Notably, Karnataka is the largest producer of Coffee in India.
3. President Kovind launches Rs.100crore clean water initiative.
- President Ram Nath Kovind launched spiritual leader Mata Amritanandamayi Math’s Rs.100crore clean water initiative for rural India in Kerala’s Kollam.
- He inaugurated Jivamritam filtration system which will provide drinking water to 1crore villagers across India.
4. ISRO to set up research centre in Guwahati.
- The Idnian Space Research Organisation(ISRO) will set up a research centre in Guwahati, Assam for start ups, academicians, environmentalist and entrepreneurs.
- ISRO was founded in 1969 and is headquartered in Bengaluru.
1. India, Ethiopia signed agreements on Trade, Communication.
- India and Ethiopia has signed agreements on trade, communication and media to boost bilateral ties.
- The agreement were signed after wide-ranging talks between President Ram Nath Kovind and his Ethiopian counterpart Mulatu Teshome at capital city of Ethiopia Addis Ababa.
2. Kim Jong-un promotes sister to centre of power.
- Kim Jong Un’s sister, Kim Yo Jong, was made an alternate member of the politburo – the top decision-making body over which Kim Jong Un presides.
- Twenty Eight year old Yo-Jong was blacklisted along with other North Korean officials by the US treasury in January this year over severe human rights abuses.
1. GST council reduces tax rates on 27 items, approves quarterly return filing.
- In a major relief to common man, small traders and exporters, the GST council has reduced tax rates on 27 items and allowed the filling of returns on the quarterly basis.
- The GST Council meeting held under the Chairmanship of Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in New Delhi.
2. Magicbricks launches India’s first online property bidding platform.
- Magicbricks announced the launch of India’s first online bidding platform for residential and commercial properties and tied-up with developer M3M for the inaugural ‘My Bid, My Home’.
- Magicbricks has been recently awarded the standardization, Testing, and Quality Certification (STQC) by the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, making it the country’s only real estate portal eligible for a biding platform for properties.
3. India, EIB ink pact for financing Bangalore Metro.
- India and European Investment Bank(EIB) signed the finance contract for lending of 300mn euros for Banglore Metro Rail Project phase II.
- Banglore Metro Rail Project phase II is jointly financed by EIB and AIIB.
1. Hamilton wins Japanese GP.
- Mercedes’ British Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton won the Japanese Grand Prix to extend his lead at the top of the drivers’ championship to 59 points.
- Red Bulls’ Maz Verstappen and Daniel Ricciardo finished in Second and Third positions.
2. India defeat Australia in rain curtail first T20I.
- India defeated Australia by 9 wickets in the rain curtailed first T20I at Ranchi.
- Bowling first India restricted Australia to 118/8 before their innings was cut short by rain, claiming record six bowled out dismissals.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15