Daily Current Affairs 8 October 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 8 October 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 8 October 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 8 October 2018 Current affairs test.
1. President Kovind on a 3-day visit to Tajikistan
- President Kovind has embarked on a 3-day visit to Tajikistan.
- Tajikistan :- Capital : Dushanbe || Official Language : Tajik || Currency : Somoni || President : Emomali Rahmon || Prime Minister : Kokhir Rasulzoda
2. Nirman Kusuma Yojana
- Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik has launched ‘Nirman Kusuma Yojana’.
- This will provide financial assistance to children of construction workers to pursue technical education.
3. ‘Odyssey City Card’
- It is a common city payment card system has been launched by Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik in Bhubaneswar.
- It is a joint initiative between Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation and Bhubaneswar Smart City Ltd
- ICICI Bank will be the facilitator.
1. Ambassador to UN Conference on Disarmament
- Pankaj Sharma has been appointed as permanent representative of India to the United Nations Conference on Disarmament, Geneva.
- He will replace Amandeep Gill.
2. New words in Oxford English Dictionary
- Idiocracy : A society consisting of or governed by people characterised as idiots.
- Fam : A slang to refer to family, close friends or members of a particular group.
- Nothingburger : Someone or something that has little importance.
- Alt-right : Short form for ‘alternative right’.
3. Exercise :- JIMEX-18
- It is a India-Japan maritime exercise.
- It has commenced in Visakhapatnam.
4. Mother Teresa Award-2018
- Nadia Murad and Dr Denis Mukwege have been nominated for ‘Mother Teresa Memorial Award’.
- Both were earlier declared as the Nobel Peace Prize winners for 2018.
1. PayPal for Business App
- PayPal has launched its first merchant App for business in India.
- Paypal:- Headquarters: California, USA || President and CEO: Dan Schulman.
2. New Chairman of Working Committee WFE
- Vikram Limaye has been selected as Chairman of the Working Committee and Director on the Board of the World Federation of Exchanges(WFE).
- He is currently the MD and CEO of National Stock Exchange of India.
- World Federation of Exchanges is global industry association for exchanges and clearing houses. || Established – 1961 || CEO – Nandini Sukumar || Headquarters – London.
3. Centre of Excellence for the Internet of Things (CoE–IoT)
- NASSCOM has inducted the Centre of Excellence for the Internet of Things (CoE – IoT) in Gurugram.
- The National Association of Software and Services Companies is a trade association of Indian Information Technology and Business Process Outsourcing industry. Established in 1988, NASSCOM is a non-profit organisation.
4. Flipkart with Bajaj Allianz
- Flipkart partnered Bajaj Allianz to offer custom insurance solutions.
- Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance company :- Headquarters: Pune || CEO: Tarun Chugh || Founded: 2001
1. Hima Das to join as HR Officer
- Sprinter Hima Das has joined Indian Oil Corporation Limited as HR Officer.
- Hima Das, nicknamed the “Dhing Express”, is an Indian sprint runner from the state of Assam. She holds the current Indian national record in 400 metres with a timing of 50.79 s that she clocked at the 2018 Asian Games in Jakarta, Indonesia.
2. Japanese Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton has won the Japanese Grand Prix.
- Lewis Hamilton MBE is a British racing driver who races in Formula One for Mercedes AMG Petronas.
3. IBSF World Under-16 Snooker Championships
- Keerthana Pandian (India) has won girls’ title in the IBSF World Under-16 Snooker Championships.
- IBSF World Under-16 Snooker Championships was held in Saint Petersburg, Russia.