Daily Current Affairs 8 October 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 8 October 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 8 October 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 8 October 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Air Force Day
- Indian Air Force has celebrated its 87th Air Force Day on October 8 at Hindon Air Base in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- Indian Air Force: Founded- 8 October 1932 || Headquarters- New Delhi || Commander-in-Chief- President Ram Nath Kovind
2. Youth Co:Lab
- Atal Innovation Mission of NITI Aayog and United Nations Development Programme, India jointly launched Youth Co:Lab.
- It aims at accelerating social entrepreneurship and innovation in young India.
- The United Nations Development Programme is the United Nations’ global development network. It advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
- UNDP: Headquarters: New York || Head: Achim Steiner || Founded: 22 November 1965, United States
3. New Punjab Lokpal
- Justice Vinod Kumar Sharma has been appointed as the new Punjab lokpal.
- A Lokpal is an anti-corruption authority or body of ombudsman who represents the public interest in the Republic of India. The current Chairperson of Lokpal is Pinaki Chandra Ghose.
1. World Parliament of science, religion and philosophy
- The 5th edition of World Parliament of science, religion and philosophy 2019 held in Pune, Maharashtra.
- Theme: ‘Role of Science, Religion and Philosophy for World Peace and well-being of Mankind’.
2. Nobel Prize In Physics
- The 2019 Nobel Prize for physics was awarded to Canadian-American physicist James Peebles, and Swiss scientists Michel Mayor and Didier Queloz.
- This year’s Nobel Prize in Physics rewards new understanding of the universe’s structure and history, and the first discovery of a planet orbiting a solar-type star outside our solar system.
3. UNESCO’s Goodwill Ambassador for indigenous people
- UNESCO has appointed Mexican actress Yalitza Aparicio as Goodwill Ambassador for indigenous people.
- Goodwill ambassadors are people who have an international projection talent in different fields. They are recognized for their integrity and for expressing their intention to help raise public opinion on issues related to UNESCO’s mission.
- UNESCO: Formation :4 November 1945 || Headquarters :Paris, France || Director-General: Audrey Azoulay
4. Diahann Carroll passes away
- Diahann Carroll was an American actress, singer, model and activist.
- She rose to prominence in some of the earliest major studio films to feature black casts, including Carmen Jones, and Porgy and Bess.
5. Ginger Baker passes away
- Peter Edward “Ginger” Baker was an English drummer and a co-founder of the rock band Cream.
- His work in the 1960s and 1970s earned him the reputation of “rock’s first superstar drummer”, for a style that melded jazz and African rhythms and pioneered both jazz fusion and world music.
1. National Health Authority with Google
- National Health Authority has signed a Statement of Intent with Google for Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana.
- Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY) is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme having central sector component under Ayushman Bharat Mission anchored in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW).
- It is an umbrella of two major health initiatives, namely Health and wellness Centres and National Health Protection Scheme.
2. Faceless e-assessment scheme
- Central Board of Direct Taxes has launched ‘Faceless e-Assessment scheme’.
- ‘Faceless e-Assessment scheme’ eliminates physical interface between an assessing officer and an assessee.
- CBDT has also inaugurated the National e-Assessment Centre (NeAC) in New Delhi.
- Chairman of CBDT: PC Mody.
3. e-Conomy SEA report 2019
- The 4th Edition of ‘e-Conomy SEA report 2019:Powering Southeast Asia’s $100 billion Internet economy’ Report was jointly released by Google, Temasek and Bain & Company.
- Indonesia and Vietnam led the SouthEast Asia’s $100 billion internet economy thus becoming the fastest-growing digital economies in the region.
- Temasek Holdings Private Limited is a Singaporean holding company. It is owned by the Government of Singapore.
- Bain & Company is a global management consultancy headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. One of the “Big Three” management consultancies, it is seen as one of the most prestigious employers in the industry. The firm provides advice to public, private, and non-profit organizations.
- Bain & Company: CEO: Manny Maceda || Revenue: 450 crores USD || Headquarters: Boston, Massachusetts, United States || Founded: 1973
1. Tennis Player Sumit Nagal
- Indian tennis player Sumit Nagal has achieved a career-best ranking of 129 in the latest ATP men’s singles rankings 2019.
- The first place was held by Novak Djokovic (Serbia), followed by Rafael Nadal (Spain) and Roger Federer (Switzerland).
2. Youngest player to take a T20 hat-trick
- Pakistan’s pacer Mohammad Hasnain has become youngest player to take a T20 hat-trick.
- Capital: Islamabad || Currency: Pakistani rupee || Prime minister: Imran Khan }} Population: 19.7 crores (2017) World Bank }} President: Arif Alvi
3. China Open 2019
- Men’s Singles: Dominic Thiem (Austria)
- Women’s Singles: Naomi Osaka (Japan)
- Men’s Doubles: Ivan Dodig (Croatia) & Filip Polášek (Slovakia)
- Women’s Doubles: Sofia Kenin & Bethanie Mattek-Sands (America)
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15
- Daily Current Affairs: October 16
- Daily Current Affairs: October 17
- Daily Current Affairs: October 18
- Daily Current Affairs: October 19
- Daily Current Affairs: October 20
- Daily Current Affairs: October 21
- Daily Current Affairs: October 22
- Daily Current Affairs: October 23
- Daily Current Affairs: October 24
- Daily Current Affairs: October 25
- Daily Current Affairs: October 26
- Daily Current Affairs: October 27
- Daily Current Affairs: October 28
- Daily Current Affairs: October 29
- Daily Current Affairs: October 30
- Daily Current Affairs: October 31