Daily Current Affairs 8 September 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 8 September 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 8 September 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 8 September 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Aero India 2019
- Government will organise the Aero India 2019 in Bengaluru from 20-24 February 2019.
- This five-day event will combine a major trade exhibition for the aerospace and defence industries with public air shows.
2. Kumbh Mela 2019
- Piyush Goyal and Yogi Adityanath launched the official website of Kumbh Mela, 2019 in Lucknow.
- www.kumbh.gov.in . This will provide details about location, trains, accessibility, weather and accommodations.
3. ‘AAPOORTI’ App
- Piyush Goyal has launched a new app – ‘AAPOORTI’ mobile App of ‘Indian Railways e-procurement system’ (IREPS).
- This app will ease e-tendering and e-auction related activities of Indian Railways.
4. Ambassador of Lal Bahadur Shastri Memorial Foundation
- Akshay Kumar has become first Honorary Ambassador of Lal Bahadur Shastri Memorial Foundation.
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Memorial Foundation is the social organisation founded by the family of Lal Bahadur Shastri Ji.
1. 87th Izmir International tradeshow
- 87th Izmir International Tradeshow has begun in Izmir,Turkey.
- India is the Partner Country in the tradeshow.
2. PISA 2021
- HRD Ministry will participate in Programme for International Student Assessment after 9 years.
- It is a worldwide study by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) in member and non-member nations intended to evaluate educational systems by measuring 15-year-old school pupils’ scholastic performance on mathematics, science, and reading.
3. Mission Gaganyaan
- India and France will form a working group for ISRO’s first manned space mission Gaganyaan.
- Till now Russia, China, and USA has launched a manned space flight.
4. Human Rights award
- Anne Hathaway will be awarded with Human Rights Campaign National Equality Award on September 15.
- She is an American actress and singer. One of the world’s highest-paid actresses in 2015, she has received multiple awards, including an Academy Award, a Golden Globe, a British Academy Film Award, and an Emmy.
1. Alibaba’s Co-founder to stepdown
- Jack Ma will step down from the post of Executive Chairman on September 10 and will pursue philanthropy in education.
- Jack Ma is a Chinese business magnate, investor, and philanthropist. He is the co-founder and executive chairman of Alibaba Group, a multinational technology conglomerate.
2. SBI Mutual Fund’s New CEO
- SBI Mutual Fund has appointed Ashwani Bhatia as CEO.
- He will take over from Anuradha Rao after she returned to SBI as Deputy Managing Director.
3. BrandZ 75 Most Valuable Indian Brands’ ranking
- HDFC Bank is India’s most valued brand for 5th consecutive year with net improvement of 21 % in its brand value to USD 21.7 billion.
- 1 – HDFC Bank
- 2 – Life Insurance Corporation of India
- 3 – Tata Consultancy Services
4. Facebook’s Asian Data Center
- Facebook will open its first ever data centre in Asia in Singapore which will be operational by 2022.
- The new site is at Tanjong Kling, located in the western part of Singapore.
1. US Open 2018
- Rafael Nadal pulls out from US Open after Knee Injury.
- Juan Martin del Potro to compete US Open final clash against Novak Djokovic.
2. EA Sports’ popular FIFA series
- The latest edition of EA Sports’ FIFA series will be release soon.
- EA Sports is a division of Electronic Arts that develops and publishes sports video games. Formerly a marketing gimmick of Electronic Arts.
3. Ronaldo’s (Brazil) new club
- Ronaldo has become the majority owner of Real Valladolid with £27million for a share of the club.
- He purchased a 51 per cent stake in the Real Valladolid(La Liga).