Daily Current Affairs 8 September 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 8 September 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 8 September 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 8 September 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Gujarat and Delaware, USA as Sister State
- Gujarat Government and Delaware State of America have signed MoU for sister state in Gandhinagar.
- Delaware, a small Mid-Atlantic US state, sits on a peninsula marked by dune-backed beaches bordering the Atlantic Ocean, Delaware River and Delaware Bay.
- Capital: Dover
2. ‘Samudrayaan’ Project
- ‘Samudrayaan’ Project proposes to send a submersible vehicle with persons to a depth of about 6000 metres to carry out deep underwater studies.
- ‘Samudrayaan’ Project is undertaken by National Institute of Ocean Technology.
- The National Institute of Ocean Technology was established in November 1993 as an autonomous society under the Ministry of Earth Sciences, Government of India. NIOT is managed by a Governing Council and the Director is the head of the Institute. The institute is based in Chennai.
3. ‘C-Plan’ App
- Uttar Pradesh Police has launched ‘C-Plan’ Smartphone App to keep a tab on anti-social elements and to counter them.
- Uttar Pradesh: Chief minister: Yogi Adityanath || Governor: Anandiben Patel || Capital: Lucknow
4. Nuakhai Festival
- Nuakhai is an agricultural festival mainly observed by people of western Odisha in India.
- Nuakhai is observed to welcome the new rice of the season.
5. India’s Longest Electrified Rail Tunnel
- Vice-President M Venkaiah Naidu has inaugurated India’s longest electrified rail tunnel between Cherlopalli and Rapuru in Andhra Pradesh.
- Andhra Pradesh: Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan || Chief minister: YS Jaganmohan Reddy
1. Exercise Indo-Thai CORPAT
- Naval Exercise India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol ‘Indo-Thai CORPAT’ has started in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Thailand: Capital: Bangkok || Currency: Thai baht
2. Nicki Minaj retires
- Pop Star Nicki Minaj has announced retirement from the music industry.
- Nicki Minaj is a Trinidad and Tobago-born rapper, singer, songwriter, actress.
3. Exercise SLINEX 2019
- Indo-Sri Lanka maritime fleet exercise – SLINEX 2019 has started at Visakhapatnam, India.
- Sri Lanka, officially the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, is an island country in South Asia, located in the Indian Ocean to the southwest of the Bay of Bengal and to the southeast of the Arabian Sea.
- Capitals: Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte || Currency: Sri Lankan rupee || Prime minister: Ranil Wickremesinghe
1. SATARK (System for Assessing, Tracking and Alerting Disaster Risk Information based on Dynamic Risk Knowledge) app
- SATARK App of Odisha State Disaster Management Authority has won IT Excellence Award-2019.
- It was given for its innovative conception in the field of disaster management.
- Odisha: Capital: Bhubaneswar || Governor: Ganeshi Lal || Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
2. Chairman of Aramco
- Saudi Arabia has named Yasir al-Rumayyan as the Chairman of state Oil Giant ‘Saudi Aramco’.
- Saudi Aramco, officially the Saudi Arabian Oil Company, is a Saudi Arabian national petroleum and natural gas company based in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. It is one of the largest companies in the world by revenue, and according to accounts seen by Bloomberg News, the most profitable company in the world.
- CEO: Amin H. Nasser || Headquarters: Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
3. Task-force to develop secondary market for corporate loans
- RBI has constituted a 6 member task-force to setup ‘Central Loan Contract Registry’ with an aim to develop a vibrant secondary market for corporate loans.
- ‘Central Loan Contract Registry’ will remove information asymmetries between buyers and sellers.
- Head of the Taskforce : TN Manoharan (Canara Bank chairman)
4. New President and COO of AT&T
- John Stankey has been appointed as the new President and COO of AT&T.
- John T. Stankey is an American businessman who is the current CEO of Warner Media
- AT&T Inc. is an American multinational conglomerate holding company headquartered at Whitacre Tower in Downtown Dallas, Texas.
- Headquarters: Dallas, Texas, United States || CEO: Randall L. Stephenson
1. UEFA Champions League 2023
- Wembley, England is going to host the UEFA Champions League final in 2023.
- 2023 is a year which will mark 100 years since the first opening of the original Wembley stadium.
2. National Swimming Championship
- The 73rd Glenmark National Swimming Championship was held in Bhopal.
- Men’s 50m Butterfly: Virdhawal Khade
- Women’s 50m Butterfly: Rujuta Khade
3. World Martial Arts Mastership
- World Martial Arts Mastership was held in South Korea.
- Anupama Swain of India has won a bronze medal in World Martial Arts Membership in Jiu-Jitsu Event.