Daily Current Affairs 8th 9th July 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 8th 9th July 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 8th 9th July 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 8th 9th July 2020 Current affairs test.
1. 100% households LPG Gas Connections
- Himachal Pradesh has become the first state in India with 100% households LPG Gas Connections.
- Himachal Pradesh: Chief Minister: Jai Ram Thakur || Governor: BandaruDattatraya.
2. Dehing Patkai Wildlife Sanctuary
- Dehing Patkai Wildlife Sanctuary of Assam will get National Park status.
- Assam: CM: Sarbananda Sonowa Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
3. NHRC Panel
- National Human Rights Commission has drafted an 11-member expert committee to study impact of Covid-19 on human rights.
- The Panel will be headed by Dr K S Reddy, president of Public Health Foundation of India.
- National Human Rights Commission: Headquarters: New Delhi || Justice H. L. Dattu, Chairman
1. USA to formally withdraw from WHO in 2021
- USA has sent an official letter notifying the United Nations that it is leaving the World Health Organization.
- WHO: Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland || Director-General: Tedros Adhanom
1. World Bank to support for rejuvenating River Ganga
- World Bank will provide USD 400 million to enhance support for rejuvenating River Ganga under National Ganga River Basin Project.
- World Bank: Headquarters: Washington || President: David Malpass
2. Bhavishya Saving Account
- Fino Payments Bank has launched ‘Bhavishya’ Savings Account for minors aged between 10-18 years.
- Fino Payments Bank Limited: Headquarters: Mumbai || MD and CEO: Rishi Gupta
1. Ola with PhonePe
- Ola has entered into a strategic partnership with digital payments platform PhonePe.
- PhonePe: CEO: Sameer Nigam || Headquarters location: Bengaluru
- Ola: CEO: Bhavish Aggarwal || Headquarters location: Bengaluru
2. Google Currents
- Google has re-branded Social Network Google Plus as Google Currents.
- Google Currents is to enhance communications within organisations and enterprises.
1. Chairman of International Financial Services Center Authority
- Injeti Srinivas has been appointed as 1st chairman of International Financial Services Center Authority.
- International Financial Services Centres Authority to regulate all financial services in International Financial Services Centres (IFSCs) with headquarters in Gandhinagar (Gujarat).
Agreements and MoUs
1. Railways with BHEL
- Indian Railway in collaboration with Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited for Solar Power Generation.
- BHEL: Chairman & MD: Nalin Shinghal || BHEL founded: 1964 || Headquarters: New Delhi
2. Bharat Dynamics Limited with DRDO
- Bharat Dynamics Limited has signed a license agreement with DRDO for Akash Missile Weapon System.
- Bharat Dynamics Limited is one of India’s manufacturers of ammunitions and missile systems. It was founded in 1970 in Hyderabad.
3. National Skill Development Corporation with Microsoft
- National Skill Development Corporation and Microsoft have collaborated to train over 1 lakh youths in India through eSkill India portal of NSDC.
- National Skill Development Corporation: CEO: Manish Kumar || Headquarters location: New Delhi
- Microsoft: CEO: Satya Nadella || Headquarters: Washington
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Global Real Estate Transparency Index 2020
- India has been ranked 34th in Global Real Estate Transparency Index 2020 by Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL).
- It ranks on the basis of higher levels of transparency due to regulatory reforms, enhanced market data, and sustainability initiatives.
- The Index is topped by United Kingdom.
1. India’s 66th chess Grandmaster
- G Akash has become India’s 66th chess Grandmaster as confirmed at the second council meet of International Chess Federation (FIDE).
- The Fédération Internationale des Échecs is an international organization based in Switzerland that connects the various national chess federations and acts as the governing body of international chess competition. It is usually referred to by its French acronym FIDE.
2. Austrian Grand Prix
- Valtteri Bottas has won F1 Austrian Grand Prix.
- Valtteri Bottas is a Finnish racing driver currently competing in Formula One with Mercedes, having previously driven for Williams from 2013 to 2016. Since joining Mercedes, Bottas has won eight races, three in 2017, four in 2019 and one in 2020.
3. Boxer Amit Phangal
- Amit Phangal has been ranked no.1 in Men’s 52kg Weight Category by the International Boxing Association (AIBA).
- Manju Rani has secured the second spot in the 48kg category.
- BWF: Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland || President: Gafur Rakhimov
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,8th 9th July