Daily Current Affairs 8th July 2023: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 8th July 2023. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 8th July 2023. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 8th July 2023 Current affairs test.
1. MoU Between India and Panama on Election Collaboration
- An agreement has been forged between India’s Election Commission and Panama’s Electoral Tribunal to set up a structural foundation for continuous collaboration in electoral management and administration.
- The Indian Election Commission has previously established similar agreements with nations like Mexico, Brazil, and Chile under its ‘International Cooperation Programme’.
- This marks the fourth such agreement in the Latin America region by the Election Commission of India.
2. Defence Ministry Collaborates with HAL for Dornier Aircraft Enhancement for ICG
- A contract has been secured between the Defence Ministry and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited for the acquisition of two Dornier Aircraft for the Indian Coast Guard. This deal, including an Engineering Support package, is valued at Rs 458.87 crore.
- These aircraft will be obtained under the Buy (Indian) Classification.
- With production in HAL’s Kanpur facility, the Dornier aircraft play a pivotal role in supporting India’s self-reliance in defense.
3. Karnataka’s Budget Announcement for 2023-24
- Chief Minister Siddaramaiah of Karnataka disclosed the financial plan for 2023-24, incorporating a significant addition.
- The newly introduced element provides e-commerce delivery employees with life and accident insurance, covering up to 4 lakhs.
- Understanding the importance of safeguarding these workers, the state has introduced this protective measure.
- Furthermore, households will benefit from an additional monetary assistance ranging from ₹4,000 to ₹5,000 monthly.
Sports and Awards
4. Recognition for Belgian Tennis Star Justine Henin with the Philippe Chatrier Award
- The esteemed ‘Philippe Chatrier Award 2023’ has been bestowed upon Belgian tennis icon, Justine Henin by the International Tennis Federation (ITF).
- Her achievements span across seven Grand Slam single titles, an Olympic gold, and a victory in the 2001 Fed Cup (now known as the Billie Jean King Cup).
- Established in honor of a past ITF president in 1996, this award celebrates those who have notably impacted tennis, both as a player and a contributor.
Banking and Finance
5. Revised Regulations by SEBI to Streamline Disclosure Processes for Debt Securities Issuers
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has rolled out new regulations introducing the concepts of a General Information Document and an Important Information Document.
- The primary objective is to eliminate the redundancy of debt securities issuers submitting multiple similar documents.
- A General Information Document, containing key details and disclosures as per a common schedule, will now be required to be presented to the stock exchanges at the time of the initial offer.