Daily Current Affairs 9 April 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 9 April 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 9 April 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 9 April 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Women bikers complete 17,000 km journey across 6 countries
- The women embarked on their journey from Hyderabad on Feb 11 to promote Telangana tourism.
- They covered Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and Bangladesh.
2. Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana launched in New Delhi
- About 400 LPG connections were handed over to families belonging to below poverty line category.
- Target under this scheme has been increased from the existing 5 cr connections to 8 cr connections by 2020.
3. BJP releases 1st list of candidates for Karnataka polls
- CM candidate BS Yeddyurappa will be contesting from Shikaripura constituency which he had one in 2013.
- The polls are being held for 224 seats.
4. Only 6 of 59 airports equipped to defuse bombs : ISF audit
- Airports require 28 pieces of equipment for making explosive detection and disposal squads operational.
- These are available only at Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Cochin and Hyderabad airports.
1. China to make it rain over area 3 times the size of Spain
- China will build combustion chambers to spray silver iodide towards the sky by burning solid fuel.
- China has been creating 55 billion tons of artificial rain every year since 2013.
2. Top ISIS commander killed in air strike in Afghanistan
- Qari Hekmat was the founder of Islamic State in northern Afghanistan and had recruited several fighters.
- Mawlawi Habib-ul-Rahman was appointed as his successor.
3. President Kovind gets Equatorial Guinea’s highest civilian honour
- He was bestowed with honour by Equatorial Guinea’s Prez Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo as a recognition of his contribution to security and world peace.
- President Kovind is the first head of state from India to visit the nation.
1. ICICI Board split over keeping Chanda Kochhar as CEO
- Some outside directors are opposed to Kochhar continuing her role.
- The board had expressed full faith in Kochhar and refuted reports of any wrongdoing.
2. Swiss Aviation Consulting may bid for Air India
- Earlier, Tata Group and Turkey’s Celebi Aviation Holding had expressed interest in buying some of Air India’s operations.
- The govt is seeking to sell 76% stake in the airline.
3. Richest 1% to own two-thirds of all wealth by 2030 : Study
- Since 2008, the wealth of the top 1% has been growing twice as fast as the remaining 99%.
- If the trend continues, the top 1% would own about $305 tn by 2030.
4. India’s foreign exchange reserves hit a life-time high
- India’s foreign exchange reserves hit 424.361 billion US dollar.
- Gold reserves remained unchanged at 21.614 billion US dollar.
1. India wins men’s TT team gold medal
- India defeated Nigeria to clinch the 1st gold since 2006.
- This is the 1st time that India have won both men’s and women’s TT team events at a single CWG edition.
2. Karthik unbeaten for 6th match in a row
- KKR captain Dinesh Karthik hit 35 runs to help his team chase down RCB.
- Karthik has remained unbeaten in each of his last 6 professional cricket matches.
3. Jitu Rai breaks CWG record
- Indian shooter Jitu Rai broke the record with 235.1 in the men’s 10m Air Pistol event.
- In the same event, Om Mitharval won the bronze.