Daily Current Affairs 9 August 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 9 August 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 9 August 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 9 August 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Navodayam Scheme
- Andhra Pradesh Government will launch Navodayam scheme to provide a lifeline to stressed MSMEs.
- 86000 MSMEs in Andhra Pradesh have been identified for restructuring under Navodayam with an outlay of Rs 3900 crore.
- Andhra Pradesh: CM: YS Jaganmohan Reddy || Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan.
2. IIT- Madras with National Institute of Ocean Technology
- IIT Madras has partnered with National Institute of Ocean Technology to harness electricity from ocean waves.
- The National Institute of Ocean Technology was established in November 1993 as an autonomous society under the Ministry of Earth Sciences, Government of India. NIOT is managed by a Governing Council and the Director is the head of the Institute.
- Founded: November 1993 || Headquarters location: Chennai || Parent agency: Ministry of Earth Sciences || Agency executive: Dr.Atmanand, Director
3. Vikram Sarabhai Journalism Award
- ISRO has announced the ‘Vikram Sarabhai Journalism Award’ in Space Science, Technology and Research.
- The articles published from 2019 to 2020 will be considered for the award and the winner will be announced on August 1st, 2020.
- Vikram Sarabhai was an Indian scientist and innovator widely regarded as the father of India’s space programme.
- Sarabhai received the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Medal in 1962. The nation honoured him by awarding Padma Bhushan in 1966 and Padma Vibhushan in 1972.
4. J Om Prakash passes away
- Jay Om Prakash was an Indian film producer and director born in Sialkot, Punjab, British India.
- He was best known for his collaboration with two of Bollywood biggest superstars, late Rajesh Khanna and Jeetendra.
1. Miss World Diversity
- Transsexual woman Naaz Joshi of India has made a third successive victory in the Beauty Pageant Miss World Diversity.
- Miss World Diversity 2019 Event was held in Port Louis, Mauritius.
2. Netherlands with Uttar Pradesh Government
- Uttar Pradesh Government has extended bilateral agreements with Netherlands till 2024.
- The Bilateral Agreements are in the fields of solid waste management, spatial planning, water management including restoration of water bodies and mobility planning.
- Netherlands: Capital: Amsterdam || Currency: Euro
- Governor of Uttar Pradesh: Anandiben Patel.
3. United Nations Industrial Development Organization with National Institute of Solar Energy of India
- National Institute of Solar Energy and United Nations Industrial Development Organization have signed an agreement for a skill development programme in Solar Thermal Energy Sector.
- Government of India had set up an autonomous Institute namely ‘National Institute of Solar Energy’ under Ministry of New & Renewable Energy with its headquarters and research facilities in Gurgaon.
- The United Nations Industrial Development Organization, French/Spanish acronym ONUDI, is a specialized agency in the United Nations system, headquartered in Vienna, Austria.
- Headquarters: Vienna, Austria || Founded: 1966 || Abbreviation: UNIDO || Parent organization: United Nations Economic and Social Council || Formation: 17 November 1966 || Heads: Kandeh Yumkella, Li Yong
1. Power Grid’s New CMD
- Power Grid Corporation has announced Kandikuppa Sreekant as its Chairman and Managing Director.
- The Power Grid Corporation of India Limited, is an Indian state-owned electric utilities company headquartered in Gurugram, India.
- POWERGRID transmits about 50% of the total power generated in India on its transmission network.
- Headquarters: Gurgaon, India
2. SBI Life Insurance with Indian Bank
- SBI Life Insurance and Indian Bank have entered into a Bancassurance pact.
- Bancassurance is a relationship between a bank and an insurance company that is aimed at offering insurance products or insurance benefits to the bank’s customers. In this partnership, bank staff and tellers become the point of sale and point of contact for the customer.
- Indian Bank is an Indian state-owned financial services company established in 1907 and headquartered in Chennai, India.
3. Mastercard’s New Initiative
- Mastercard has launched ‘Identity Check Express’ to secure online transactions.
- Identity Check Express is a next-generation, mobile-first authentication solution which combines Device Intelligence, Behavioural Biometrics, Latest EMV 3-D Secure and FIDO authentication standards to deliver an uninterrupted mobile payment experience.
- Mastercard Incorporated is an American multinational financial services corporation headquartered in the Mastercard International Global Headquarters in Purchase, New York, United States.
- CEO: Ajaypal Singh Banga
4. Resource Assistance for Colleges with Excellence
- Education minister of Rajasthan Bhanwar Singh Bhati has drafted a new higher education model ‘Resource Assistance for Colleges with Excellence’ (RACE) in Rajasthan.
- It aims to create a pool for sharing of facilities which will benefit the colleges lacking infrastructure by distribution of faculties and movable assets.
- Governor of Rajasthan: Kalyan Singh.
1. Forbes’ Highest-Paid Female Athletes
- 1. USA Tennis Player Serena Williams with estimated total earnings of $29.2 million
- 2. Japan Tennis Player Naomi Osaka with estimated total earnings of $24.3 million.
- 3. German Tennis Player Angelique Kerber with estimated total earnings of $11.8 million.
- Indian Badminton Player PV Sindhu is at 13th position with $5.5 million.
2. Forbes’ Highest-Paid Male Athletes
- 1. Footballer Lionel Messi with $127 million
- 2. Footballer Cristiano Ronaldo with $109 million
- 3. Footballer Neymar with $105 million
- Cricket Virat Kohli is at 100th Position with $25 million
3. Winter Olympics
- 2014 – Sochi, Russia
- 2018 – Pyeong Chang, South Korea
- 2022 – Beijing, China
- 2026 – Milan & Cortina, Italy
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15
- Daily Current Affairs: August 16
- Daily Current Affairs: August 17
- Daily Current Affairs: August 18
- Daily Current Affairs: August 19
- Daily Current Affairs: August 20
- Daily Current Affairs: August 21
- Daily Current Affairs: August 22
- Daily Current Affairs: August 23
- Daily Current Affairs: August 24
- Daily Current Affairs: August 25
- Daily Current Affairs: August 26
- Daily Current Affairs: August 27
- Daily Current Affairs: August 28
- Daily Current Affairs: August 29
- Daily Current Affairs: August 30
- Daily Current Affairs: August 31