Daily Current Affairs 9 June 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 9 June 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 9 June 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 9 June 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Order of the Distinguished Rule of Nishan Izzuddin
- PM Modi was awarded with the highest honour of the Maldives Government ‘Order of the Distinguished Rule of Nishan Izzuddin’ to foreign dignitaries.
- The Most Honourable Order of the Distinguished Rule of Izzuddin is the highest Maldivian honour which may be conferred upon a foreign national.
2. Equator Prize 2019
- The Women Sangams of Deccan Development Society, Telangana has awarded United Nation’s Equator Prize for 2019.
- Deccan Development Society is an Indian Agri-based NGO in Medak district in the state of Telangana, India. It works on various crop improvement programs and activities helping the local farmers.
- The Equator Initiative is a United Nations-led partnership that brings together governments, civil society, grassroots organizations, and businesses to foster resilient communities by recognizing and advancing local nature-based solutions for sustainable development.
- Each Equator Prize winner will receive USD 10,000 and will be supported to participate in a series of policy dialogues and special events during the United Nations General Assembly and Climate Week in New York, in September 2019.
3. Romila Thapar with American Philosophical Society
- Historian Romila Thapar was elected as an international member of American Philosophical Society during its Annual Spring Meeting.
- Romila Thapar is an Indian historian as well as an emerita professor whose principal area of study is ancient India. She is the author of several books including the popular volume, A History of India, and is currently Professor Emerita at Jawaharlal Nehru University in New Delhi.
- The American Philosophical Society (APS), founded in 1743 and located in Philadelphia, is an eminent scholarly organization of international reputation that promotes useful knowledge in the sciences and humanities through excellence in scholarly research, professional meetings, publications, library resources, and community outreach.
- Founder: Benjamin Franklin
1. UN Security Council’s Asian seat
- Vietnam has been elected unopposed to the United Nations Security Council on behalf of the Asian countries.
- Vietnam :- Capital: Hanoi || Currency: Vietnamese dong
- The United Nations Security Council is one of the six principal organs of the United Nations, charged with ensuring international peace and security, accepting new members to the United Nations and approving any changes to its charter.
- Headquarters: New York, New York, United States || Founded: 24 October 1945 || Formation: 1945 || Abbreviation: UNSC
2. Gandhi Cycle Rally for Peace
- The Indian Embassy in Saudi Arabia has organised a ‘Gandhi Cycle Rally for Peace’ in Riyadh.
- Capital: Riyadh || Currency: Saudi riyal || King: Salman of Saudi Arabia
3. World Brain Tumor Day
- World Brain Tumor Day was observed on 8th June.
- It is celebrated by German Brain Tumour Association.
- German Brain Tumor Association is a non-profit organisation based in Leipzig which provides information and support to brain tumor patients.
4. Dragon Boat Festival
- The annual dragon boat festival was observed in Hong Kong.
- The Dragon Boat Festival is a traditional holiday originating in China, occurring near the summer solstice.
- The festival now occurs on the 5th day of the 5th month of the traditional Chinese calendar, which is the source of the festival’s alternative name, the Double Fifth Festival.
1. India’s Forex Reserves
- India’s Foreign Exchange Reserves has increased to USD 421.867 billion.
- It is increased by USD 1.875 billion.
- Foreign-exchange reserves is money or other assets held by a central bank or other monetary authority so that it can pay its liabilities if needed, such as the currency issued by the central bank, as well as the various bank reserves deposited with the central bank by the government and other financial institutions.
2. Interim chief of J&K Bank
- Government of Jammu and Kashmir has appointed RK Chibber as interim chief of J&K Bank.
- Parvez Ahmad was the incumbent Executive President of J&K Bank, is the first in-service and second in-house Chairman and CEO of Jammu and Kashmir Bank
- Jammu and Kashmir Bank is a J&K -based private sector banking and financial services company. It is a Private-owned bank with state share with its headquarters in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, India. J&K Bank, incorporated on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state–owned bank.
3. G20 Ministerial Meeting
- Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal will lead the Indian delegation for G20 Ministerial Meeting on Trade and Digital Economy at Tsukuba city in Japan.
- Prime minister: Shinzō Abe || Capital: Tokyo || Currency: Japanese yen
1. BCCI’s Electoral Officer
- N Gopalaswami has been appointed as the Electoral Officer of BCCI.
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India is the national governing body for cricket in India. The board was formed in December 1928 as a society, registered under the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act.
- President: C.K. Khanna || Headquarters: Mumbai || Chief Exec: Rahul Johri || Women’s coach: W. V. Raman || Men’s coach: Ravi Shastri || Founded: December 1928
2. UEFA Nations League 2018-19
- Winner :- Portugal
- Runner-up :- Netherlands
- Third place :- England
- Player of the Tournament :- Bernardo Silva (Portugal)
- Young Player of the Tournament :- Frenkie de Jong (Netherlands)
- Top Scorer :- Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal)