Daily Current Affairs 9 March 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 9 March 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 9 March 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 9 March 2020 Current affairs test.
1. ChapcharKut Festival
- ‘ChapcharKut’ Festival has commenced in the state of Mizoram.
- Chief Minister of Mizoram: Pu Zoramthanga || Governor of Mizoram: P.S. Sreedharan Pillai.
2. Top State under PoshanAbhiyan
- Andhra Pradesh has been ranked 1st in overall implementation of PoshanAbhiyan
- Tamil Nadu tops the list of the states in terms of the number of participants in the PoshanAbhiyan.
- POSHAN Abhiyaan or National Nutrition Mission, is Government of India’s flagship programme to improve nutritional outcomes for children, pregnant women and lactating mothers.
1. BIMSTEC Summit
- The 5th edition of BIMSTEC Summit 2020 to be held in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- President of Sri Lanka: Gotabaya Rajapaksa || Prime Minister of Sri Lanka: Mahinda Rajapaksa || Capital of Sri Lanka: Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte || Currency of Sri Lanka: Sri Lankan rupee.
2. Global Ayurveda Festival
- The 4th edition of Global Ayurveda Festival will be held at Kochi in Kerala in May 2020
- Theme: Ayurveda Medical Tourism: Actualizing India’s credibility.
3. New prime minister of Ukraine
- Denys Shmygal has become the new prime minister of Ukraine.
- President of Ukraine: VolodymyrZelensky || Capital of Ukraine: Kyiv || Currency of Ukraine: Ukrainian hryvnia.
1. New EPFO Interest Rate
- Employees’ Provident Fund Organization has lowered the interest rate from 8.65% to 8.50% on provident fund deposits.
- EPFO is an organization tasked to assist the Central Board of Trustees, Employees’ Provident Fund a statutory body formed by the Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 and is under the administrative control of the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India.
1. Book Chronicles of Change Champions
- Minister for Women and Child Development SmritiZubinIrani released a book titled Chronicles of Change Champions in New Delhi.
- It is a compilation of 25 innovative initiatives taken under the Prime Minister’s flagship scheme of BetiBachao, BetiPadhao.
1. New CEO of Mahindra-Ford Joint Venture
- Anurag Mehrotra has been appointed as the new CEO of Ford India’s alliance with Mahindra & Mahindra ‘Mahindra-Ford Joint Venture’.
- In the joint venture (JV), Mahindra will hold 51 per cent controlling stake while Ford will have the remaining stake of 49 per cent.
Agreements and MoUs
1. Paytm with Hyderabad Metro
- Hyderabad Metro Rail in partnership with Paytm has launched a QR-code-based metro ticketing system.
- Paytm founder: Vijay Shekhar Sharma || Paytm Headquarters: Noida.
2. DeendayalAntyodaya Yojana-National Urban Livelihoods Mission with Amazon
- Amazon has partnered with the DeendayalAntyodaya Yojana-National Urban Livelihoods Mission for e-marketing of products by Self Help Groups (SHGs).
- Ministers of State (I/C) for Housing and Urban Affairs: Hardeep Singh Puri.
- Amazon: CEO and Founder: Jeff Bezos
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. List of top 500 Global Non-Governmental Organisation
- BRAC international development organization that has topped the list of top 500 Global Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs).
- BRAC, is an international development organisation based in Bangladesh, In order to receive foreign donations, BRAC was subsequently registered under the NGO Affairs Bureau of the Government of Bangladesh.
- BARC: Founder: Fazle Hasan Abed || Founded: 1972 || Headquarters location: Dhaka, Bangladesh || Purpose: International development
- Indian Coast Guard has conducted National Maritime Search and Rescue Workshop and Exercise-2020 (SAREX-20) in Goa.
- The Indian Coast Guard is an armed force that protects India’s maritime interests and enforces maritime law, with jurisdiction over the territorial waters of India, including its contiguous zone and exclusive economic zone.
- Director General: Krishnaswamy Natrajan
1. Times of India Sports Awards 2019
- PV Sindhu was named as the Sportsperson of the year at the 4th edition of Times of India Sports Awards.
- Rohit Sharma was named as the Cricketer of the year at the 4th edition of Times of India Sports Awards.
- Team of the year: Indian men’s Hockey Team
- Youth Icon of the year: Vijendra Singh (Boxer)
- Lifetime Achievement: Bhaichung Bhutia (Footballer)
2. ICC Women’s T20 playing XI of the World Cup 2020
- Spinner Poonam Yadav was the lone Indian to make into the ICC Women’s T20 playing XI of the World Cup 2020.
- ICC Women’s T20 World Cup was held in Australia between 21 February and 8 March 2020. The final took place at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on International Women’s Day. Hosts Australia won the tournament, beating India by 85 runs, to win their fifth title.