Daily Current Affairs 9 November 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 9 November 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 9 November 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 9 November 2018 Current affairs test.
1. ‘Mahila-E-Haat’ Portal
- Women and Child Development Ministry has set up an Online Marketing Portal-‘Mahila-E-Haat’.
- ‘Mahila-E-Haat’ Portal for unique organic products of the women farmers and entrepreneurs around the country.
2. World’s largest 5462 bed hospital
- Bihar cabinet has approved redevelopment of Patna Medical College and Hospital into world’s largest 5462-bed hospital.
- Bihar:- Chief Minister: Nitish Kumar || Governor: Lalji Tandon.
3. Aqua Mission 2.0
- Meghalaya Govt. has announced Rs 378cr investment in Aqua Mission 2.0 from April 2019.
- Mission 2.0 aims at addressing the 15,000 MT shortfall of fish production in the state.
4. National Cancer Awareness Day
- November 7 is celebrated as National Cancer Day annually.
- World Cancer Day is an international day marked on February 4 to raise awareness of cancer and to encourage its prevention, detection, and treatment. World Cancer Day was founded by the Union for International Cancer Control to support the goals of the World Cancer Declaration, written in 2008.
1. UN Postal’s Stamp for Diwali
- UN Postal System has issued two stamps in celebration of Festival Diwali.
- Theme :- ‘The quest for the triumph of good over evil’
2. UAV–CH7 ‘Most Advanced’ Stealth Drone
- China has inducted stealth combat unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) ‘UAV–CH7’ as to be the most advanced drone.
- President: Xi Jinping || Capital: Beijing || Currency: Renminbi
3. US’ sanctions on Iranian oil
- Eight countries India, China, Italy, Greece, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and Turkey have been granted temporary waivers from the US’ sanctions on Iranian oil.
- Capital: Tehran || Currency: Iranian rial || Supreme leader: Ali Khamenei || President: Hassan Rouhani
4. India’s Ambassador to Iran
- Gaddam Dharmendra has been appointed as the Ambassador of India to Iran.
- Iran:- Capital – Tehran || Currency – Rial || Official language – Persian || President – Hassan Rouhani
1. ‘Raja Ram Mohan Roy Award’
- N Ram has been awarded the Raja Ram Mohan Roy Award by the Press Council of India (PCI).
- Press Council of India (PCI):- Chairman – Chandramauli Kumar Prasad || Location – New Delhi
2. ‘Finance Minister, RBI Governor and demonetization in fiction’
- ‘Finance Minister, RBI Governor and demonetization in fiction’ A Book is released By Ravi Subramanian.
- Ravi Subramanian is an Indian author. A banker by profession, Subramanian has written popular thrillers about banking and bankers, including award winning trilogy The Incredible Banker, The Bankster and Bankrupt.
3. Robyn Denholm to replace Elon Musk
- Tesla has named Robyn Denholm as chair of the company replacing Elon Musk.
- She is currently an independent director of Tesla since 2014 and heads its audit committee.
1. Asian Shotgun Championship
- Angad Vir Singh Bajwa won Gold in the men’s skeet final of the 8th Asian Shotgun Championship.
- He has become the first Indian skeet shooter to win a Gold in continental event.
2. 11th Asian Championship
- Elavenil Valarivan and Hriday Hazarika won gold at the 11th Asian Championship in Kuwait city.
- They participated in 10m rifle mixed team event.
3. Committee for Mumbai Cricket Association
- Bombay High Court has set up an ad-hoc committee to look after day-to-day functioning of the Mumbai Cricket Association.
- MCA:- CEO: Chandrakant S. Naik || Headquarters: Mumbai.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,9 November