Daily Current Affairs 9 November 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 9 November 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 9 November 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 9 November 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Ayodhya Verdict
- The disputed site in Ayodhya will be given to the Centre. The Centre will setup a trust within three months for construction of Lord Rama Temple.
- The Muslim parties will be given a five-acre “suitable” plot in Ayodhya.
- The Supreme Court said that Babri Masjid was not constructed on vacant land.
- The Supreme Court has also said that Archaeological Survey of India has not established whether a temple was demolished to build Babri Masjid.
- The unanimous judgement was delivered by a five-judge Constitutional Bench comprising outgoing Chief Justice of India (CJI) Ranjan Gogoi and Justices SA Bobde (CJI elect), DY Chandrachud, Ashok Bhushan and S Abdul Nazeer.
2. Wastelands Atlas 2019
- Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar released the 5th edition of Wastelands Atlas 2019.
- Wastelands Atlas 2019 is published jointly by Department of Land Resources and National Remote Sensing Centre.
- It helps in rolling back the wastelands for productive use through various land development programmes and schemes.
3. Standing Wheelchair
- IIT-Madras has launched India’s first indigenously-designed standing wheelchair.
- The wheelchair is named as ‘Arise’.
4. National Legal Services Day
- National Legal Services Day is observed on 9th November across India.
- National Legal Services Day commemorates the enactment of the Indian Legal Services Authorities Act 1987.
- Dr. Justice A.S. Anand, the Chief Justice of India in the First Annual Meet, 9th of November is being celebrated every year by all Legal Services Authorities as “Legal Services Day”.
1. World Usability Day
- World Usability Day was observed on 8th November.
- Theme: ‘Design for the Future We Want’.
- It was established in the year 2005 by the Usability Professionals Association.
2. Anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall
- Germany marked the 30th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall on 9th November that separated Berlin into Communist East and Democratic West for around three decades.
- The Berlin Wall was a guarded concrete barrier that physically and ideologically divided Berlin from 1961 to 1989.
- Construction of the Wall was commenced by the German Democratic Republic on 13 August 1961. The Wall cut off West Berlin from surrounding East Germany, including East Berlin.
3. President of UAE
- Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan has been re-elected as President of UAE.
- UAE: Capital: Abu Dhabi || Currency: UAE dirham.
4. Fastest growing country in the world by IMF
- According to IMF, Guyana’s GDP is expected to be more at 86% in 2020.
- This speculation is after Exxon Mobil Corporation’s discovery of oil at Guyana.
- Guyana: Capital: George Town || Currency of Guyana: Guyanese Dollar.
1. No Online NEFT Charges
- RBI has directed banks not to charge customers for online transactions in the NEFT system with effect from January 2020.
- National Electronic Funds Transfer is an electronic funds transfer system maintained by the Reserve Bank of India. Started in November 2005, the setup was established and maintained by Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology.
2. ‘Farmitra’ Mobile App
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance has launched ‘Farmitra’ Mobile App for the ease of farmers.
- It is to help the farmers needs and address their worries.
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance is a private general insurance company in India. The company is a joint venture between Bajaj Finserv Limited owned by the Bajaj Group of India and Allianz SE, a German financial services company.
- Headquarters: Pune || CEO: Tapan Singhel
3. Karnataka Gramin Bank
- Karnataka Gramin Bank (A type of Regional Rural Bank) has initiated ‘Mobile ATMs’ in rural areas.
- RRBs were established by Government of India, under the provisions of RRBs Act 1976, enacted by the Parliament.
- The objective of setting up of these Special Category of Banks is to cater to the basic banking needs of rural people in particular, to contribute for the development of rural economy and prosperity of the region and employment generation. RRBs have now become an integral part of the Indian Banking System.
- RRBs like Public Sector Banks are established by Govt. of India and are the Scheduled Banks, notified by Reserve Bank of India.
4. Global Investors’ Meet
- PM Modi has inaugurated Himachal Pradesh Global investors’ meet–’Rising Himachal’ in Dharamshala.
- Himachal Pradesh: Governor: Bandaru Dattatreya || Chief Minister: Jai Ram Thakur || Capital: Shimla
1. 2023 Men’s hockey World Cup
- India has been chosen as the host country for 2023 Men’s hockey World Cup.
- The Men’s FIH Hockey World Cup is an international field hockey competition organised by the International Hockey Federation.
- The tournament was started in 1971. It is held every four years, bridging the four years between the Summer Olympics. Pakistan is the most successful team, having won the tournament four times.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,9 November
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15
- Daily Current Affairs: November 16
- Daily Current Affairs: November 17
- Daily Current Affairs: November 18
- Daily Current Affairs: November 19
- Daily Current Affairs: November 20
- Daily Current Affairs: November 21
- Daily Current Affairs: November 22
- Daily Current Affairs: November 23
- Daily Current Affairs: November 24
- Daily Current Affairs: November 25
- Daily Current Affairs: November 26
- Daily Current Affairs: November 27
- Daily Current Affairs: November 28
- Daily Current Affairs: November 29
- Daily Current Affairs: November 30