Daily Current Affairs 9 October 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 9 October 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 9 October 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 9 October 2019 Current affairs test.
1. ‘Trans-fat-free’ Logo
- Health Minister Harsh Vardhan has launched ‘trans-fat-free’ Logo.
- ‘Trans-fat-free’ Logo can be voluntarily used by food business operators in their outlets and on food products.
- The logo was launched to boost the ‘Eat Right Movement’ of FSSAI.
- AIIMS in collaboration with Health Ministry has launched first-ever website and mobile application on oral health awareness ‘eDantSeva’.
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare is an Indian government ministry charged with health policy in India. It is also responsible for all government programs relating to family planning in India. The Minister of Health and Family Welfare holds cabinet rank as a member of the Council of Ministers.
- Founded: 1976 || Headquarters: New Delhi || Jurisdiction: India || Departments: Suraksha Clinic, Department of AIDS Control, Department of Health Research | Officeholders: Harsh Vardhan (Minister), Faggan Singh Kulaste (Minister of State)
3. ‘Ganga Amantran’ Initiative
- Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat has launched ‘Ganga Amantran’ initiative to connect with the stakeholders of the river.
- The Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation is the apex body for formulation and administration of rules and regulations relating to the development and regulation of the water resources in India.
4. Exercise ‘Him Vijay’
- Indian Army’s first mountain combat exercise ‘Him Vijay’ 2019 has started in Arunachal Pradesh.
- The Indian Army is the land-based branch and the largest component of the Indian Armed Forces. The President of India is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Army, and it is commanded by the Chief of Army Staff, who is a four-star general.
- Motto: “Service Before Self” || Founded: 1 April 1895, India || Headquarters: New Delhi || Commander-in-Chief: President Ram Nath Kovind
1. High Commissioner of India to Australia
- Anumula Gitesh Sarma has been appointed as next High Commissioner of India to Australia.
- Australia: Capital: Canberra || Currency: Australian dollar
- Scott John Morrison is an Australian politician who is the 30th and current Prime Minister of Australia and Leader of the Liberal Party since August 2018.
2. New Prime Minister of Portugal
- Antonio costa has been re-elected as Prime Minister of Portugal.
- Portugal: Capital: Lisbon || Currency: Euro || President : Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa
3. World Post Day
- World Post day happens each year on October 9, the anniversary of the Universal Postal Union, which started in 1874 in Switzerland.
- The UPU was the start of the global communications revolution, introducing the ability to write to others all over the world. World Post Day started in 1969.
4. First World Cotton Day celebrations
- World Trade Organisation hosted the first World Cotton Day celebrations in Geneva on October 7.
- The World Trade Organization is an intergovernmental organization that is concerned with the regulation of international trade between nations.
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland || Membership: 164 member states || Founded: 1 January 1995 || Head: Pascal Lamy
1. World Development Report (WDR) 2020
- World Bank has released ‘World Development Report (WDR) 2020: Trading for Development in the Age of Global Value Chains’.
- Global value chains (GVCs) can help the developing economies to enhance growth.
- In development studies, the global value chain describes the people and activities involved in the production of a good or service and its supply, distribution, and post-sales activities when activities must be coordinated across geographies.
- GVCs account for nearly 50% of trade worldwide.
- World Bank: Parent organization: World Bank Group || Headquarters: Washington DC || Founded: 1945 || President: David R. Malpass || Chief Economist: Pinelopi Koujianou Goldberg
2. Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2019
- The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2019 will be awarded jointly to John B. Goodenough, M. Stanley Whittingham and Akira Yoshino.
- It is given for the development of lithium-ion batteries.
3. Ombudsman for Prepaid Payment Instrument
- RBI has made it mandatory for large non-bank Prepaid Payment Instrument (PPI) issuers to induct an internal ombudsman for faster redressal process for consumer complaints.
- Prepaid payment instruments are those which facilitate purchase of goods and services against the value stored on such instruments. The value stored on such instruments represents the value paid for by the holder, by cash, by debit to a bank account, or by credit card.
4. Ajay Bhushan Pandey Committee
- Government of India has formed a 19-member Inter-Ministerial Coordination Committee chaired by Revenue Secretary Ajay Bhushan Pandey to check money laundering activities.
- The Committee is set up under Section 72A of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA), 2002.
1. Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships
- Novak Djokovic has won 46th edition of Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships 2019 by defeating John Millman in Tokyo.
- Novak Djokovic is a Serbian professional tennis player who is currently ranked world No. 1 in men’s singles tennis by the Association of Tennis Professionals.
2. IAAF World Athletics Championships
- The 17th edition of the IAAF World Athletics Championships for 2019 was held at Khalifa International Stadium, Doha, Qatar.
- The United States has topped the charts with a total of 29 Medals (14 Golds, 11 Silvers, 4 Bronze).
- Annu Rani became the first Indian to reach the finals of the women’s javelin throw event
- India’s Avinash Sable qualified for Tokyo Olympics in men’s 3000m steeplechase event.
- India’s 4*400m mixed relay has qualified for the 2020 Tokyo olympics.
- IAAF: Founded: 17 July 1912 || Headquarters: Monaco || President: Sebastian Coe
3. Hero Women’s Indian Open
- Christine Wolf of Austria has won Hero Women’s Indian Open at Gurugram, Haryana.
- The Hero Women’s Indian Open is a golf tournament on the Ladies European Tour. It is played at the DLF Golf and Country Club in Gurgaon, India.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15
- Daily Current Affairs: October 16
- Daily Current Affairs: October 17
- Daily Current Affairs: October 18
- Daily Current Affairs: October 19
- Daily Current Affairs: October 20
- Daily Current Affairs: October 21
- Daily Current Affairs: October 22
- Daily Current Affairs: October 23
- Daily Current Affairs: October 24
- Daily Current Affairs: October 25
- Daily Current Affairs: October 26
- Daily Current Affairs: October 27
- Daily Current Affairs: October 28
- Daily Current Affairs: October 29
- Daily Current Affairs: October 30
- Daily Current Affairs: October 31