Content Ad 002

Daily Current Affairs 9 April 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation

Dear Readers,

This post contains important current affairs of 9 April 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 9 April 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 9 April 2018 Current affairs test.

National News

1. Women bikers complete 17,000 km journey across 6 countries

  • The women embarked on their journey from Hyderabad on Feb 11 to promote Telangana tourism.
  • They covered Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and Bangladesh.

2. Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana launched in New Delhi

  • About 400 LPG connections were handed over to families belonging to below poverty line category.
  • Target under this scheme has been increased from the existing 5 cr connections to 8 cr connections by 2020.

3. BJP releases 1st list of candidates for Karnataka polls

  • CM candidate BS Yeddyurappa will be contesting from Shikaripura constituency which he had one in 2013.
  • The polls are being held for 224 seats.

4. Only 6 of 59 airports equipped to defuse bombs : ISF audit

  • Airports require 28 pieces of equipment for making explosive detection and disposal squads operational.
  • These are available only at Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Cochin and Hyderabad airports.

International News

1. China to make it rain over area 3 times the size of Spain

  • China will build combustion chambers to spray silver iodide towards the sky by burning solid fuel.
  • China has been creating 55 billion tons of artificial rain every year since 2013.

2. Top ISIS commander killed in air strike in Afghanistan

  • Qari Hekmat was the founder of Islamic State in northern Afghanistan and had recruited several fighters.
  • Mawlawi Habib-ul-Rahman was appointed as his successor.

3. President Kovind gets Equatorial Guinea’s highest civilian honour

  • He was bestowed with honour by Equatorial Guinea’s Prez Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo as a recognition of his contribution to security and world peace.
  • President Kovind is the first head of state from India to visit the nation.

Business News

1. ICICI Board split over keeping Chanda Kochhar as CEO

  • Some outside directors are opposed to Kochhar continuing her role.
  • The board had expressed full faith in Kochhar and refuted reports of any wrongdoing.

2. Swiss Aviation Consulting may bid for Air India

  • Earlier, Tata Group and Turkey’s Celebi Aviation Holding had expressed interest in buying some of Air India’s operations.
  • The govt is seeking to sell 76% stake in the airline.

3. Richest 1% to own two-thirds of all wealth by 2030 : Study

Content Ad 03
  • Since 2008, the wealth of the top 1% has been growing twice as fast as the remaining 99%.
  • If the trend continues, the top 1% would own about $305 tn by 2030.

4. India’s foreign exchange reserves hit a life-time high

  • India’s foreign exchange reserves hit 424.361 billion US dollar.
  • Gold reserves remained unchanged at 21.614 billion US dollar.

Sports News
1. India wins men’s TT team gold medal

  • India defeated Nigeria to clinch the 1st gold since 2006.
  • This is the 1st time that India have won both men’s and women’s TT team events at a single CWG edition.

2. Karthik unbeaten for 6th match in a row

  • KKR captain Dinesh Karthik hit 35 runs to help his team chase down RCB.
  • Karthik has remained unbeaten in each of his last 6 professional cricket matches.

3. Jitu Rai breaks CWG record

  • Indian shooter Jitu Rai broke the record with 235.1 in the men’s 10m Air Pistol event.
  • In the same event, Om Mitharval won the bronze.

Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,9 April

Related Posts

Daily Current Affairs 9 April 2018 Current Affairs Quiz April 9 2018 Current Affairs Infographic

Content Ads 02 Sample 01


How to Master VA-RC 

This free (and highly detailed) cheat sheet will give you strategies to help you grow

No thanks, I don't want it.

Join our Free TELEGRAM GROUP for exclusive content and updates

Rsz 1rsz Close Img

Join Our Newsletter

Get the latest updates from our side, including offers and free live updates, on email.

Rsz Undraw Envelope N8lc Smal
Rsz 1rsz Close Img