Daily Current Affairs 9 April 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 9 April 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 9 April 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 9 April 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Pawan Hans’ interim CMD
- Usha Padhee has been given additional charge of the post of CMD at Pawan Hans Limited.
- Pawan Hans Limited is a helicopter service company based in New Delhi, India. Pawan Hans is a Mini Ratna-I category PSU. It has cumulatively flown more than 1 million hours and has had 2.5 million landings on its fleet since its formation. The operations are based at the Juhu Aerodrome in Vile Parle, Mumbai.
2. Fiscal Deficit of 3.4%
- The Finance Ministry is believed to have met Fiscal Deficit Target (revised) of 3.4% for 2018-19.
- A fiscal deficit occurs when a government’s total expenditures exceed the revenue that it generates, excluding money from borrowings. Deficit differs from debt, which is an accumulation of yearly deficits.
- A government budget is a financial statement presenting the government’s proposed revenues and spending for a financial year.
3. Dhanush Artillery Gun
- The Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) has handed over the first batch Dhanush Artillery Guns to Indian Army.
- The Dhanush is a 155 mm towed howitzer used by the Indian Army. The design is based on the BoforsHaubits FH77 which India acquired in the 1980s. The gun completed development trials in 2018 and was approved for series production in 2019.
4. NIRF India Ranking 2019
- The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) was approved by the MHRD and launched by Honourable Minister of Human Resource Development on 29th September 2015.
- This framework outlines a methodology to rank institutions across the country. The methodology draws from the overall recommendations broad understanding arrived at by a Core Committee set up by MHRD, to identify the broad parameters for ranking various universities and institutions. The parameters broadly cover “Teaching, Learning and Resources,” “Research and Professional Practices,” “Graduation Outcomes,” “Outreach and Inclusivity,” and “Perception”.
- Overall Top Three :- IIT Madras || IISc Bangalore || IIT Delhi
- Overall Top Three University :- IISc Bangalore || Jawaharlal Nehru University || Banaras Hindu University
- Overall Top Three in Engineering :- Indian Institute of Technology Madras || Indian Institute of Technology Delhi || Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Overall Top Three in Management :- IIM Bangalore || IIM Ahmedabad || IIM Calcutta
- Overall Top Three in Medical :- AIIMS New Delhi || Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Chandigarh || Christian Medical College Vellore
1. Sydney Brenner passes away
- Sydney Brenner was a South African biologist and a 2002 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine laureate, shared with Bob Horvitz and John Sulston.
- He won the Nobel Prize for “discoveries concerning genetic regulation of organ development and programmed cell death”.
2. Malaysia to withdraw from International Criminal Court
- Malaysia is going to withdraw from the Rome Statute that established the International Criminal Court.
- The Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court (often referred to as the International Criminal Court Statute or the Rome Statute) is the treaty that established the International Criminal Court (ICC). It was adopted at a diplomatic conference in Rome on 17 July 1998 and it entered into force on 1 July 2002.
- The International Criminal Court is an intergovernmental organization and international tribunal that sits in The Hague in the Netherlands. The ICC has the jurisdiction to prosecute individuals for the international crimes of genocide, crimes against humanity, war crimes, and crimes of aggression.
3. World Homoeopathy Day
- The World Homoeopathy Day (WHD) is observed every year on April 10 to pay tribute to Dr. Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahnemann, founder and father of Homeopathy system of medicine.
- Homeopathy as system of medicine was developed by Dr. Samuel Hahnemann in Germany in 1796. Now it is one of the major forms of treatment, adapted by most of the doctors of the world.
4. Exercise African Lion 2019
- USA–Morocco Joint Military Exercise ‘African Lion 2019’ has concluded
- Morocco :- Capital: Rabat || Currency: Moroccan dirham
1. DIGIXX 2019 Awards
- Bajaj Finance has won gold award for ‘Digital Marketing Excellence in Financial Service’ for its Fixed Deposit digital campaign at DIGIXX 2019 Awards by Adgully.
- The DIGIXX Awards are designed to recognise and celebrate excellence in Digital Marketing & Advertising. The Awards seek to set industry-wide benchmark in digital engagement. DIGIXX Awards will be a true marker for digital initiatives that are innovative, creative and effective.
- Adgully is an online news source that obsessively covers the activities stirring up the realm of media, marketing and advertising. The updates and news items provided include prominent global activities of this space.
- Bajaj Finserv, a part of Bajaj Holdings & Investments Limited, is an Indian financial services company focused on lending, asset management, wealth management and insurance.
2. Coffee Day with Impact HD Inc.
- Coffee Day Global Limited (CDGL) along with Coffee Day Enterprises Limited (CDEL) have announced a joint venture with Impact HD Inc., Japan’s largest sales floor support service company
- Coffee Day group will have 51% stake in the joint venture. The joint venture will offer consultancy services in retail sector.
3. World Bank’s India’s GDP Prediction
- The World Bank expects India’s Gross Domestic Product to accelerate to 7.5% in fiscal year 2019-20.
- The World Bank is an international financial institution that provides loans to countries of the world for capital projects. It comprises two institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, and the International Development Association. The World Bank is a component of the World Bank Group.
4. Highest recipient of remittances at USD
- India has retained its position as the world’s top recipient of remittances with USD 79 billion back home in 2018 by India Diaspora.
- 2. China (USD 67 billion)
- 3. Mexico (USD 36 billion)
- 4. Philippines (USD 34 billion)
- 5. Egypt (USD 29 billion)
1. India’s first Billion-dollar Gaming Startup
- Mumbai-based Dream11 has become India’s first Billion-dollar Gaming Startup.
- Dream11 is a fantasy sports platform based in India that allows users to play fantasy cricket, hockey, football, kabaddi and basketball. Dream11 is India’s biggest fantasy sports platform with over 53 million users.
- Founded: 2008 || Area served: India || Headquarters: Mumbai || Type of business: Sports Tech || Founders: BhavitSheth, Harsh Jain
2. WWE Universal Champion
- Wrestler Seth Rollins defeated Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 35 to become the new Universal Champion.
- WrestleMania 35 was the thirty-fifth annual WrestleMania professional wrestling pay-per-view event and WWE Network event produced by WWE for their Raw, SmackDown, and 205 Live brands. It took place on April 7, 2019, at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
- WWE, is an American integrated media and entertainment company that is primarily known for professional wrestling. WWE has also branched out into other fields, including movies, real estate, and various other business ventures.
3. World’s Oldest Soccer Player
- 73-year-old Israeli Isaak Hayik has become world’s oldest person to play in a professional soccer match.
- He played a match for FC Ironi Or Yehuda against FC Maccabi Ramat Gan.
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15
- Daily Current Affairs: April 16
- Daily Current Affairs: April 17
- Daily Current Affairs: April 18
- Daily Current Affairs: April 19
- Daily Current Affairs: April 20
- Daily Current Affairs: April 21
- Daily Current Affairs: April 22
- Daily Current Affairs: April 23
- Daily Current Affairs: April 24
- Daily Current Affairs: April 25
- Daily Current Affairs: April 26
- Daily Current Affairs: April 27
- Daily Current Affairs: April 28
- Daily Current Affairs: April 29
- Daily Current Affairs: April 30