Daily Current Affairs 9 August 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 9 August 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 9 August 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you
to try 9 August 2017 Current affairs test.
1. RS adopts resolution to build inclusive India on Quit India movement anniversary.
- The Rajya Sabha on 9th August remembered the heroic struggle and sacrifice of millions of Indians on the 75th anniversary of the Quit India movement and pledged to build a strong, self-reliant, secular and democratic India.
- Moving the resolution, Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari said the House recalls that 75 years ago, Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi gave a clarion call to people for “do or die” to end the British Rule while asking the British to quit India.
2. Amit Shah becomes MP for 1st time, Congress’ Patel retains RS seat.
- Congress leader Ahmed Patel has retained his Rajya Sabha seat in Gujarat in what is considered as a much prestigious fight for existence of Congress in Gujarat.
- While Amit Shah become a Member of Parliament for first time and third vacant seat from Gujarat has been won by Smriti Irani.
3. Govrenment plans 24/7 virtual fence along India-Pakistan border.
- The government is planning to install 24/7 seamless virtual fence with sensors along the India-Pak border to curb infiltration by Pakistan.
- A pilot project for deployment of Comprehensive Integrated Border Management Solution will includes different types of sensors, radars, day and night vision cameras.
1. North Korea considering missile attack on US island territory.
- North Korea said it is considering plans for a missile strike on the U.S. Pacific territory of Guam.
- This comes just hours after President Donald Trump told Pyongyang that any threat to the United States would be met with “fire and fury”.
- Guam, which is home to about 1,63,000 people and a U.S. military base that includes a submarine squadron, an airbase and a Coast Guard group.
2. US bombers conduct air drills near North Korea.
- US supersonic B-1B bombers and Japanese jets conducted air drills close to the Korean peninsula amid increasing US-North Korean tensions.
- The exercise around Japan’s southern Kyushu island involved two U.S. Air Force B-1B Lancer bombers and two Japanese F-2 jet fighters.
3.China Vietnam meeting canceled amid South China Sea tensions.
- A scheduled meeting between the foreign ministers of China and Vietnam was cancelled on the sidelines of a regional gathering, amid growing tension between the two countries over the South China Sea.
- Vietnam had held out for language that noted concern about island-building and criticized militarization in South China Sea in the communiqué from foreign ministers of the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN).
4. Jacob Zuma survives 6th no-confidence vote.
- The South African president, Jacob Zuma, has narrowly survived a motion of no-confidence against him in parliament.
- It was the sixth such vote of his increasingly beleaguered presidency, but the first involving a secret ballot, with a broad coalition of opposition parties and renegade MPs from the ruling African National Congress (ANC) falling just short of the simple majority needed to force Zuma and his cabinet to resign immediately.
1. Bajaj-Triumph partnered to manufacture Motorcycles in India.
- Triumph Motorcycles of the U.K. and Bajaj Auto have entered into a partnership for the manufacture of Triumph-branded motorcycles in India for the global market.
- Triumph-branded motorcycles will be made at Bajaj Auto’s plant at Chakan, near Pune. The partners will develop a new range of motorcycles in the sub-800 cc capacity
2. Amazon to help Titan in US market.
- Amazon, the world’s biggest online retailer, will help India’s watch-to-jewellery maker Titan Company to foray into online selling in the United States through its Global Selling Programme.
- The partnership would enable Titan to take its range of watches to global customers on Amazon.com in the U.S. and eventually across other Amazon marketplaces.
3. Builder won’t get loans if they do not register under RERA.
- Banks in consultation with RBI have decided not to extend loans to those building projects, which haven’t been registered under the RERE(Real Estate Regulatory Act).
- The decision aims to weed out unreliable builders.
- Defending champions Real Madrid defeated Manchester United by 2-1 to lift their fourth UEFA Super Cup title.
- The current European champions, appearing in their sixth Super Cup, opened the scoring with Casemiro’s sliding finish in the 24th minute.
4. Start-up funds may come under SEBI lens.
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is concerned with the manner in which start-ups are being funded through unregulated entities.
- SEBI is examining the manner in which alternative fund-raising platforms and crowd-funding ventures can be regulated to bring in transparency and regulatory oversight in such deals.
- Ajay Tyagi is the Chairman of SEBI.
1. Real Madrid lift their 4th Super Cup title.
2. FIFA U-17 WC trophy tour to begin in Delhi from 17th August.
- The six-city trophy tour for the FIFA Under-17 football World Cup will begin in the national capital from August 17.
- The tour will cover almost 9,000 km over a period of 40 days between August 17 and September 26.
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15
- Daily Current Affairs: August 16
- Daily Current Affairs: August 17
- Daily Current Affairs: August 18
- Daily Current Affairs: August 19
- Daily Current Affairs: August 20
- Daily Current Affairs: August 21
- Daily Current Affairs: August 22
- Daily Current Affairs: August 23
- Daily Current Affairs: August 24
- Daily Current Affairs: August 25
- Daily Current Affairs: August 26
- Daily Current Affairs: August 27
- Daily Current Affairs: August 28
- Daily Current Affairs: August 29
- Daily Current Affairs: August 30