Daily Current Affairs 9 August 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 9 August 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 9 August 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 9 August 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Deputy Chairman of the Rajya Sabha
- Shri Harivansh selected as Deputy Chairman of the Rajya Sabha.
- The Deputy Chairman of the Rajya Sabha presides over the proceedings of the Rajya Sabha in the absence of the Chairman of the Rajya Sabha. The Deputy Chairman is elected internally by the Rajya Sabha.
2. Two New Apps on UMANG Platform
- Telecom Regulatory Authority of India added DND 2.0 and MyCall to UMANG Platform.
- UMANG or Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance, is a Government of India’s all-in-one single unified secure multi-channel freeware mobile app of most of the government services.
3. MOU between TRIFED and NMPB
- Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Ltd. (TRIFED) and National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB) signed an MoU to promote Medicinal and Aromatic Plants forest produced for livelihood development of tribal people.
- Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Ltd. (TRIFED) comes under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
- National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB) comes under Ministry of AYUSH.
4. RythuBandhu Life Insurance Bonds
- Telangana government launched RythuBandhu Life Insurance Bonds.
- This is a first of its kind and will cover Rs.5 lakh insurance programme for farmers in the state.
1. World Biofuel Day 2018
- World Biofuel day to be observed on 10th August 2018.
- The aim is to create awareness about the importance of non-fossil fuels as an alternative to conventional fossil fuels and to highlight the various efforts made by the Government in the biofuel sector.
2. International Cat Day
- International Cat Day is observed on today.
- The celebration which takes place on 8 August, every year. It was created in 2002 by the International Fund for Animal Welfare.
3. 76th anniversary of Quit India movement
- 76th anniversary of Quit India movement is observed
- The Quit India Movement, or the India August Movement, was a movement launched at the Bombay session of the All-India Congress Committee by Mahatma Gandhi on 8 August 1942, during World War II, demanding an end to British Rule of India.
4. New Category in Oscar Awards
- ‘Outstanding Achievement in Popular Film’ is the new Category added in Awards.
- ‘Best Animated Feature Film’ was the last category to be added.
1. New Logo of NSE
- The National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) unveiled a new logo.
- National Stock Exchange :Established in 1992, MD & CEO – Vikram Limaye , Located in Mumbai
2. MOPAD Platform
- MOPAD is a unified payment terminal POS machine launched by SBI which facilitates transactions from cards to QR code based payments.
- MOPAD:- Multi Option Payment Acceptance Device.
3. Part-time Directors on the Reserve Bank of India board
- Government appointed S Gurumurthy and Satish Marathe as part time directors of Reserve Bank of India.
- S gurumurthy is Journalist and Satish Marathe is contributor of Sahakar Bharathi.
4. New MD of Escorts Group
- Nikhil Nanda has been appointed as the chairman and managing director of Escorts Group
- He succeeded his father Rajan Nanda who passed away recently.
1. Mario Gomez retires
- German football striker Mario Gomez retired from international football.
- He represented Germany in the 2010 and 2018 Euro Cup in the FIFA World Cup in 2008 and 2012.
2. FIH hockey rankings
- India jumped to 5th position in the men’s hockey world rankings.
- Australia(Champions Trophy winners) remained on top position.
3. Washington Open 2018
- Washington Open 2018 is a tennis tournament was held in Washington DC, United States.
- Men’s Singles winner is Alexander Zverev (Germany) and Women’s Singles winner is Svetlana Kuznetsova (Russia).