Daily Current Affairs 9 December 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 9 December 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 9 December 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 9 December 2017 Current affairs test.
1. IIT-Bombay prof working on Rs.10,000 cancer-treating nano tech
- The laser activated nanoshells could deliver the drug at the cancer site when heated to around 50 degree Celsius.
- The technology would help in healing cancer without surgery or chemotherapy which costs Rs.3.5 lakh on average.
2. Google Doodle honours India’s 1st woman photojournalist
- It is the 104th birth anniversary of India’s 1st woman photo journalist Homai Vyarawalla.
- Her pictures include the first tricolour-hoisting after the Independence, Lord Mountbatten departing from India and Jawaharlal Nehru addressing the crowd after independence.
3. Faulty EVM’s in Gujarat being replaced immediately : EC
- After some EVM’s malfunctioned in Surat in the first phase of voting for the Assembly elections, EC assured that they are being replaced.
- Chief Election Commissioner Achal Kumar Joti said they have a number of EVM’s in reserve.
1. Abu Dhabi has acquired world’s costliest painting
- Abu Dhabi’s Department of Culture and Tourism has acquired the Rs.2,900 cr Leonardo da Vinci’s portrait of Christ, “Salvator Mundi”
- Auctioneer Christie’s statement comes after it was revealed that Louvre Abu Dhabi will display the Leonardo da Vinci painting.
2. US’ Jerusalem recognition condemned in UN emergency meeting
- The US’ decision to recognise Jerusalem as the capital of Israel was condemned by the member states.
- The UN said it has repeatedly declared any unilateral decision that seeks to alter the status of Jerusalem could seriously undermine the efforts to bring peace between Israel and Palestine.
1. 100 people own nearly one-fifth of Bitcoin market
- The top 100 Bitcoin addresses control about 17.3% of all the issued cryptocurrency.
- In case of the world’s second largest cryptocurrency Ethereum, the top 100 addresses control about 40% of the Ethereum supply.
2.Ex-supermarket worker named 2017’s highest-earning YouTuber
- The Forbes Magazine has named Dan Middleton as the world’s richest YouTuber after he made a fortune of $16.5 million this year.
- He shares videos of himself playing video games and describes strategies on his YouTube channel Dan TDM.
1. India bags five medals on Day 1 of Asian Airgun championships
- Ravikumar won an individual bronze in the men’s 10m air rifle while Arjun Babuta won an individual silver in the corresponding junior men’s event.
- India bagged 3 team silver medals in the three air rifle events.
2. India will top ODI rankings if they whitewash Sri Lanka 3-0
- India, currently tied with South Africa with 120 rating points, will claim the top spot on winning the first ODI.
- India has to ensure a 3-0 whitewash against Sri Lanka to retain the top ranking.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz, 9 December
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10