Daily Current Affairs 9 December 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 9 December 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 9 December 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 9 December 2018 Current affairs test.
1. National Waterway – 1 :- Jal Marg Vikas Project (JMVP)
- Ministry of shipping had approved ‘Freight Village’ in Varanasi of worth Rs 156 Crore.
- The 1390 km National Waterway – 1 on River Ganga under Jal Marg Vikas Project (JMVP) from Haldia to Varanasi with the assistance of World Bank at an estimated cost of Rs 5369 Crore.
2. Agriculture Export Policy, 2018
- Cabinet has approved Agriculture Export Policy, 2018 with an aim to double farmers’ income by 2022.
- The Union Cabinet is chaired by PM Modi with a vision to harness the export potential of Indian agriculture.
3. Start-up India Venture Capital Summit 2018
- The Start-up India Venture Capital Summit 2018 was held in Goa for funding from around the world for start-ups.
- It was organised by Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion and the Government of Goa.
- Theme :- ‘Mobilizing Global Capital for Innovation in India.’
4. Norwegian Honour to Janhvi Kapoor
- Actress Janhvi Kapoor will be awarded ‘Arets Stjerneskudd’ (Rising Talent Of The Year) by the Norwegian Consulate General.
1. UN Global Counter-Terrorism Coordination Compact
- United Nations SG António Guterres has launched UN Global Counter-Terrorism Coordination Compact- ‘Global Compact’.
- The aim is to combat international terrorism by coordinating efforts across peace and security and humanitarian sectors.
2. Most followed Global Leader on Instagram
- PM Modi has become Most followed global leader on Instagram with 14.8 million followers.
- Indonesian President Joko Widodo is second with 12.2 million followers.
3. New Attorney General of USA
- William Barr has been nominated as new Attorney General of USA by Donald Trump.
- William Pelham Barr is an American attorney who served as the 77th United States Attorney General from 1991 to 1993 during the presidency of George H. W. Bush. He is a member of the Republican Party.
4. US Ambassador to the United Nations
- Donald Trump nominated Heather Nauert as the US Ambassador to the United Nations.
- Heather Nauert will replace Nikki Haley by the end of the year.
5. International Anti-Corruption Day
- International Anti-Corruption Day is observed on 9th Dec.
- Theme :- ‘United Against Corruption’.
1. Fly Blade- A Helicopter and Small-Planes Aggregator
- Fly Blade will be launching its services in Mumbai starting March 2019.
- Fly BLADE is a digitally-powered aviation company based in New York City.Fly BLADE allows users to create their own crowdsourced flights or purchase seats on pre-existing flights.
2. India with Iran
- India has signed an MOU with Iran to pay for crude oil imports from Iran in rupees.
- Iran Capital: Tehran || Currency: Iranian Rial || President: Hassan Rouhani
3. Exim Bank with Tanzania
- Exim Bank has extended a loan facility of USD 500 million to Tanzania for water supply projects.
- Export–Import Bank of India is the premier export finance institution in India, established in 1982 under Export-Import Bank of India Act 1981. Since its inception, Exim Bank of India has been both a catalyst and a key player in the promotion of cross border trade and investment.
- Tanzania Capital: Dodoma || Currency: Tanzanian shilling
4. SoftBank’s $100 billion Vision Fund
- SoftBank has hired Kirthiga Reddy(Indian born) as first Female partner at its $100 billion Vision Fund.
- SoftBank Group Corp. is a Japanese multinational holding conglomerate headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The company wholly owns Softbank Corp., Softbank Vision Fund, Arm Holdings, Fortress Investment Group and Boston Dynamics.
1. Most double hundreds in Ranji Trophy
- Paras Dogra has set a new record of having the most double tons in Ranji Trophy (Total :- 8).
- Paras Dogra(Puducherry) is an Indian Cricketer. Dogra made his debut in first-class cricket in 2001. He is a defensive right-handed batsman and a right-arm legbreak bowler.
2. Hockey World Cup 2018
- Indian hockey team has defeated Canada to enter quarter-finals.
- The 2018 Men’s Hockey World Cup is the 14th edition of the Hockey World Cup field hockey tournament. It is being held from 28 November to 16 December 2018, at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar, India.
3. Chief Executive Officer of IAAF
- Jon Ridgeon has been appointed as CEO of International Association of Athletics Federations.
- The International Association of Athletics Federations is the international governing body for the sport of athletics. It was founded on 17 July 1912 as the International Amateur Athletic Federation by representatives from 17 national athletics federations at the organization’s first congress in Stockholm, Sweden.