Daily Current Affairs 9 February 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 9 February 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 9 February 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 9 February 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Krishi Kumbh
- Krishi Kumbh is being organised in Motihari, Bihar
- Governor Lalji Tandon and Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh has inaugurated Krishi Kumbh.
- The aim is to promote modern techniques and diversification in agriculture that could help in doubling farmer’s income.
2. Bike Ambulance services
- Delhi Govt. has launched Bike Ambulance services in the city.
- It will have a portable oxygen cylinder, first aid kit and dressing materials, air-splints, GPS and communication device.
3. National Film Development Corporation (NFDC) of India
- NFDC India has been declared as Winner under the Miniratna Category by Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
- The aim of MSME Ministry is to felicitate selected CPSUs to recognize their exemplary work towards promotion of SC/ST entrepreneurs.
4. K.Veeramani Award for Social Justice 2018
- PS Krishnan has been conferred ‘K.Veeramani Award for Social Justice 2018’.
- Krishnasamy Veeramani was born on December 2, 1933 in Cuddalore, Tamil Nadu. He is referred to as K.V is the President of the Dravidar Kazhagam, a Social Revolutionary Movement centered in Tamil Nadu. He is the Chancellor of Periyar Maniammai University.
1. John Dingell passes away
- US Congressman John Dingell has passed away at 92.
- John David Dingell Jr. was an American politician who served as a member of the United States House of Representatives from 1955 until 2015. A member of the Democratic Party, he holds the record for longest-ever serving Congressperson in American history, representing Michigan for more than 59 years.
2. National Aquatic Animal of Thailand
- Siamese fighting fish has been named as Thailand aquatic animal.
- King: Maha Vajiralongkorn || Capital: Bangkok || Currency: Thai baht
3. Berlin International Film Festival
- The 69th Berlin International Film Festival (Berlinale) 2019 has started.
- The Berlin International Film Festival usually called the Berlinale, is a film festival held annually in Berlin, Germany. Founded in West Berlin in 1951, the festival has been held every February since 1978 and is one of the “Big Three” alongside the Venice Film Festival and Cannes Film Festival.
- The Golden Bear (German: Goldener Bär) is the highest prize awarded for the best film at the Berlin International Film Festival.
4. Albert Finney passes away
- British actor Albert Finney has passed away at 82.
- Albert Finney Jr. was an English actor and a five-time Oscar nominee, who worked in film, television and theatre. He attended the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and worked in the theatre before attaining prominence on screen.
5. NATO’s 70th Meeting
- NATO’s 70th meeting of Heads of State and Government will be taking place in December 2019 at London.
- The North Atlantic Treaty Organization, also called the North Atlantic Alliance, is an intergovernmental military alliance between 30 North American and European countries. The organization implements the North Atlantic Treaty that was signed on 4 April 1949.
1. Air India’s first ever Flight Simulator
- Air India’s First ever Flight Simulator known as ‘Boeing 747-200’ was inducted in Nehru Science Centre, Mumbai.
- Air India is the flag carrier airline of India headquartered at New Delhi. It is owned by Air India Limited, a government-owned enterprise, and operates a fleet of Airbus and Boeing aircraft serving 94 domestic and international destinations.
2. SoftBank with OakNorth Bank
- SoftBank had a $440-million investment round in British digital lender OakNorth Bank.
- OakNorth is a UK bank for small and medium sized companies that provides business and property loans. The bank lends between £500,000 to £45m to businesses and property developers. Its loans have supported the development of 9,500 homes and creation of 11,000 jobs in the UK.
- SoftBank Group Corp. is a Japanese multinational holding conglomerate headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
3. New COO and CEO of Ola Fleet Technologies
- Ola has appointed Puneet Bhirani as its COO and CEO of Ola Fleet Technologies.
- OLA Fleet Technologies Pvt. Ltd. provides radio taxi services in India. It also offers lease options. LA Fleet Technologies Pvt. Ltd. operates as a subsidiary of ANI Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
1. Federation Cup Tennis
- India defeated Thailand 2-1 in the world play off Asia Oceania group in Astana.
- Fed Cup is the premier international team competition in women’s tennis, launched in 1963 to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the International Tennis Federation. The competition was known as the Federation Cup until 1995.
2. Pakistan Super League 2019
- The fourth edition of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) will start on February 14 in the UAE.
- Pakistan Super League is a Twenty20 cricket league, founded in Lahore on 9 September 2015 with five teams and now comprises six teams. Instead of operating as an association of independently owned teams, the league is a single entity in which each franchise is owned and controlled by investors.
3. Highest run-scorer in T20I cricket
- Rohit Sharma has become the highest run-scorer in T20I cricket.
- He overtook Martin Guptil from New Zealand.