Daily Current Affairs 9 January 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 9 January 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 9 January 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 9 January 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Bihar bans electronic cigarettes
- Bihar govt has banned manufacture, sale, purchase, display of electronic cigarettes in the state.
- E-cigarettes are smoked through electronic nicotine delivery system.
2. UIDAI blocks Aadhaar data access of 5,000 officials
- The action came after a news report which claimed that demographic details of Aadhaar holders were available for Rs.500.
- UIDAI has decided to give access only through biometrics of the person whose details were sought.
3. Playing national anthem in cinema halls optional : SC
- The SC modified its order and said it’s not mandatory to play the anthem.
- This comes a day after the Centre urged the apex court to recall the order.
1. ISIS increased its presence in Pakistan in 2017
- Over 150 people were killed in at least 6 terrorist attacks claimed by the terrorist group.
- However, Pakistan has repeatedly denied that ISIS has an organised peace in the country.
2. N Korea agrees to participate in Winter Olympics in S Korea
- This comes as the two nations held their first official talks in more than two years.
- S Korea also proposed that the two Koreas march together during the Games opening and closing ceremonies.
3. US drops H-1 visa bid
- The US govt is not considering any proposal that could force deportation of H-1B visa holders.
- Up to 7.5 lakh Indian H-1B visa holders could have been deported if he govt had decided to go ahead with the proposal.
1. Bitcoin not a way to evade tax : Unocoin Founder
- Indian Bitcoin exchange Unocoin’s Co-founder Sunny Ray has said that people should not see Bitcoin as a way to evade taxes.
- He further said that people think Bitcoin is a mechanism to save your wealth and see your net worth go up.
2. Jeff Bezos now worth more than Bill Gates ever was
- Jeff Bezos’s worth reached 105 billion dolloars which is above Bill Gates’ 1999 high of 100 billion dollars.
- Amazon’s market capitalisation reached 600 billion dollars after its shares gained 6.6% this year.
3. Patanjali may partner with Amazon, Flipkart
- Patanjali Ayurved is likely to partner with eight leading e-retailers to push the online sale of its FMCG products.
- These partnerships will be in addition to its online portal ‘patanjaliayurved.net’
1. Ponting to be Australia’s assistant coach
- Ricky Ponting is set to be Australia’s assistant coach for the upcoming T20I series against New Zealand and England.
- He will also coach the Delhi Daredevils team in IPL 2018.
2. Yusuf Pathan suspended by BCCI for doping
- He has been handed a 5 month back dated suspension for testing positive for a banned substance.
- Yusuf inadvertently ingested a prohibited substance Terbutaline, which can be commonly found in cough syrups.
- Daily Current Affairs: January 1
- Daily Current Affairs: January 2
- Daily Current Affairs: January 3
- Daily Current Affairs: January 4
- Daily Current Affairs: January 5
- Daily Current Affairs: January 6
- Daily Current Affairs: January 7
- Daily Current Affairs: January 8
- Daily Current Affairs: January 9
- Daily Current Affairs: January 10
- Daily Current Affairs: January 11
- Daily Current Affairs: January 12