Daily Current Affairs 9 July 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 9 July 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 9 July 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 9 July 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Exercise Sudarshan
- Border Security Force has launched a massive exercise code named as ‘Sudarshan’.
- Aim: To fortify Anti-Infiltration Grid along Pakistan border in Punjab and Jammu.
- The India–Pakistan Border, known locally as the International Border, is an international border running between India and Pakistan that demarcates the Indian states and the Pakistani four provinces.
- The India–Pakistan Border: Length: 3,323 kilometres || Treaties: Karachi Agreement, Simla Agreement || Current shape: 2 July 1972 || Established: 17 August 1947
- The Border Security Force is the primary border defence organisation of India. It is one of the seven Central Armed Police Forces of India, it was raised in the wake of the 1965 War on 1 December 1965, “for ensuring the security of the borders of India and for matters connected there with”.
2. Bicycle Sharing Scheme
- Puducherry Government has launched a bicycle sharing scheme under Puducherry Smart City Development Plan.
- The Union Territory of Puducherry also known by its former name Pondicherry, is a union territory in India. It was formed out of four territories of former French India, namely Pondichéry, Karikal, Mahé and Yanaon, excluding Chandernagore. It is named after the largest district, Puducherry.
- Chief minister: V. Narayanasamy
3. Book ‘Vivekadeepini’
- Vice President Venkaiah Naidu has released a book titled ‘Vivekadeepini’.
- It is a concise book of aphorisms nitially written by Adi Shankaracharya.
- An aphorism is a concise, terse, laconic, and/or memorable expression of a general truth or principle. They are often handed down by tradition from generation to generation.
- Adi Shankaracharya was an early 8th century Indian philosopher and theologian who consolidated the doctrine of Advaita Vedanta. He is credited with unifying and establishing the main currents of thought in Hinduism.
4. Nag missiles Third Generation
- DRDO has successfully tested Third Generation Anti-Tank Guided Missile Nag Missile in Pokhran ranges, Rajasthan.
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation is an agency of the Government of India, charged with the military’s research and development, headquartered in New Delhi, India.
- Headquarters: New Delhi || Founded: 1958 || Agency executive: Dr G. Satheesh Reddy, Chairman, DRDO
1. Model Villages Program in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka has inaugurated first model village at Ranidugama in Gampaha, built with Indian assistance.
- Sri Lanka: Capitals: Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte || Currency: Sri Lankan rupee || Prime minister: Ranil Wickremesinghe
2. New Prime Minister of Greece
- Kyriakos Mitsotakis has been sworn in as the New Prime Minister of Greece.
- Greece is a country in south eastern Europe with thousands of islands throughout the Aegean and Ionian seas.
- Capital: Athens || Currency: Euro
3. UN Youth Climate Summit
- First UN Youth Climate Summit will be held in New York from September 21.
- The United Nations is an intergovernmental organization tasked with maintaining international peace and security, developing friendly relations among nations, achieving international co-operation, and being a centre for harmonizing the actions of nations.
- Secretary general: António Guterres || Founded: 24 October 1945, San Francisco, California USA || Headquarters: New York
1. LinkedIn Country Manager For India
- Ashutosh Gupta has been appointed as LinkedIn Country Manager for India.
- LinkedIn is an American business and employment-oriented service that operates via websites and mobile apps. Founded on December 28, 2002, and launched on May 5, 2003.
- it is mainly used for professional networking, including employers posting jobs and job seekers posting their CVs.
- CEO: Jeff Weiner Founded: 2002, Mountain View, California, United States || Headquarters: Sunnyvale, California, United States || Parent organization: Microsoft Corporation
2. New Chairman of Microfinance Institutions Network
- Manoj Kumar Nambiar has been elected as new Chairman of Microfinance Institutions Network (MFIN).
- Manoj Kumar Nambiar is currently the Managing Director of Arohan Financial Services.
- Microfinance Institutions Network is an association for the microfinance sector in India. Its member organizations constitute the leading microfinance institutions in the country.
- Headquarter:- Gurgaon, Haryana, India
3. Harald Kruger steps down
- BMW CEO and Chairman of the Board of Management Harald Kruger to resign from role in 2020.
- BMW is a German multinational company which produces automobiles and motorcycles. The company was founded in 1916 as a manufacturer of aircraft engines, which it produced from 1917 until 1918 and again from 1933 to 1945.
- The BMW Headquarters is a Munich, Germany landmark serving as world headquarters for the Bavarian automaker BMW since 1973.
- BMW’s Subsidiaries: Rolls-Royce Motor Cars || Drive Now || BMW Bank
4. New CMD of BHEL
- Nalin Shinghal has been appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director of Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited replacing Atul Sobti.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited owned and founded by the Government of India, is an engineering and manufacturing company based in New Delhi, India. Established in 1964, BHEL is India’s largest power generation equipment manufacturer.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
1. CONCACAF Gold Cup title
- The 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup was the 15th edition of the CONCACAF Gold Cup, the biennial international men’s football championship of the North, Central American, and Caribbean region organized by CONCACAF.
- Champion: Mexico
- Runner-up: USA
- Host countries: United States; Costa Rica; Jamaica
- Golden Ball Award: Mexico’s Raul Jimenez
2. Grand Prix of Spain Women’s Wrestling
- Wrestler Vinesh Phogat has won Gold Medal in Women’s 53kg category Event.
- Wrestler Divya Kakran has won Gold Medal in Women’s 68kg category Event.
3. World University Games
- Sprinter Dutee Chand has won the 100m gold medal at World University Games in Napoli.
- The 2019 Summer World University Gamesis held in Naples, Italy, between 3 and 14 July 2019.
- Dutee Chand is an Indian professional sprinter and current national champion in the women’s 100 metres event.
- She is the third Indian woman to ever qualify for the Women’s 100 metres event at the Summer Olympic Games.
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15
- Daily Current Affairs: July 16
- Daily Current Affairs: July 17
- Daily Current Affairs: July 18
- Daily Current Affairs: July 19
- Daily Current Affairs: July 20
- Daily Current Affairs: July 21
- Daily Current Affairs: July 22
- Daily Current Affairs: July 23
- Daily Current Affairs: July 24
- Daily Current Affairs: July 25
- Daily Current Affairs: July 26
- Daily Current Affairs: July 27
- Daily Current Affairs: July 28
- Daily Current Affairs: July 29
- Daily Current Affairs: July 30
- Daily Current Affairs: July 31