Daily Current Affairs 9 June 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This article, Daily Current Affairs 9 June 2017, includes all Major National, International, Business, and Sports events. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through this article, that is, Daily Current Affairs 9 June 2017, we would recommend to you to try 9 June 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Second edition of National Health Editors’ Conference on Yoga.
The second edition of National Health Editors’ Conference on Yoga was inaugurated by Minister of State for AYUSH Shripad Yesso Naik in New Delhi.
- The conference aims at giving insight to the journalists about the scientific aspects of yoga and its benefits for health.
- The theme of this year’s conference was “Yoga for Health and Harmony”.
- International yoga day is celebrated on 21 June.
2. TN signs MoU with Centre for UDAN.
- Towns like Hosur and Neyveli in Tamil Nadu are set to have low-cost flight services in the first phase of implementation of the Centres UDAN scheme which seeks to promote regional air connectivity.
- UDAN aims at making regional connectivity easy at low cost so that common people could opt for air travel.
- Civil Aviation Minister – Ashok Gajapathi Raju
3. India signs OECD to check tax evasion.
- India has signed the OECD multilateral convention that aims to check cross-border tax evasion by multinational companies.
- The multilateral instrument was signed by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley at the OECD headquarters in Paris.
- More than 65 countries, including India has signed the convention.
- The Convention will modify India’s treaties in order to curb revenue loss through treaty abuse and base erosion and profit shifting strategies by ensuring that profits are taxed where substantive economic activities generating the profits are carried out and where value is created.
- Full Form of OECD – Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
4. India to partner with UNOSSC.
- India and the UN Office for South- South Cooperation have launched a partnership fund that will support sustainable development projects across the developing world.
- The collaborative initiative is aimed at reducing poverty and hunger, improving health, education and equality, and expanding access to clean water, energy and livelihoods.
- This will be the first time that India has entered into a partnership with the UN in a triangular cooperation with fellow developing countries.
- Full Form of UNOSSC – United Nations Office for South-South Cooperation
1. WHO revises Protocol for Antibiotics.
- In an effort to curb antibiotic resistance, the World Health Organization has divided the drugs into three categories — access, watch and reserve.
- Commonly used antibiotics will be under the ‘access’ category; the second line of antibiotics, slightly more potent, have been categorised under “watch” and potent drugs to be used only as a “last resort” fall under the ‘reserve’ category.
- This is the biggest revision of the antibiotics section in the 40-year history of the essential medicines list.
- The new categorisation will further guide countries in ensuring access to appropriate antibacterial agents and support.
2. SCO Summit begins in Astana.
- 17th Shanghai Cooperation Organisation Summit began in Astana, Kazakhstan.
- India is set to join as full member of the SCO comprising China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgzstan, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
- Leader will discuss ways to combat terrorism and boost trade, including peace and security in the region.
- SCO is a Eurasian political, economic, and security organisation consisting of 8 member states and 3 observers from Eurasia.
- India, Pakistan, China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan are its members. It is headquartered in Beijing, China.
1. Microsoft acquires Hexadite.
- Microsoft has confirmed that it will acquire Hexadite, an Israeli startup that uses AI to identify and protect against attacks.
- The idea is to expand Microsoft’s existing security portfolio with an infusion of new technology based around new innovations in areas like AI and machine learning.
- Hexadite will be folded into work it does to develop security solutions for commercial Windows 10 customers, specifically with Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection.
- Other security acquisitions Microsoft has made in Israel include Aorato, Adallom and Secure Islands.
- CEO of Microsoft – Satya Nadella
2. Coursera raises $64 Million.
- Online education platform Coursera US, has raised $64 million in a series D funding round.
- It will use the funds to enhance its “enterprise business” under which it offers customized courses to companies and for “product innovation”.
- India is the second-largest market for Coursera outside the US with more than 2 million registered users.
- With the current round of funding, online education platform Coursera has raised a total of $210.3 million till date.
- CEO of Coursera- Rick Levin
1. Bopanna-Dabrowski Win French Open.
- Rohan Bopanna lifted his maiden Grand Slam title by winning the French Open mixed doubles trophy with Canadian partner Gabriela Dabrowski.
- He became the fourth Indian ever to clinch a major title.
- They defeated Germany’s Anna-Lena Groenefeld and Colombia’s Robert Farah.
- This was only the second time in his career that Bopanna had reached the summit clash of a Grand Slam.
2. Muralitharan inducted into Hall of Fame.
- Sri Lanka’s most successful bowler in Tests and one-day internationals Muttiah Muralitharan was inducted into ICC Hall of Fame.
- Muralitharan was awarded the honour along with Arthur Morris, George Lohmann and Karen Rolton by fellow ICC Cricket Hall of Famers and members of the media.
- He became the first player from Sri Lanka and the 83rd overall to be inducted into the Hall of Fame.
- Captain of Sri Lanka cricket team – Angelo Mathews
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15
- Daily Current Affairs: June 16
- Daily Current Affairs: June 17
- Daily Current Affairs: June 18
- Daily Current Affairs: June 19
- Daily Current Affairs: June 20
- Daily Current Affairs: June 21
- Daily Current Affairs: June 22
- Daily Current Affairs: June 23
- Daily Current Affairs: June 24
- Daily Current Affairs: June 25
- Daily Current Affairs: June 26
- Daily Current Affairs: June 27
- Daily Current Affairs: June 28
- Daily Current Affairs: June 29
- Daily Current Affairs: June 30