Daily Current Affairs 9 March 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 9 March 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 9 March 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 9 March 2018 Current affairs test.
1.Prakriti to be 1st ITBP woman combat officer.
- 25-year-old Prakriti has been inducted as the first direct-entry combat officer in the Indo-Tibetan Border Police.
- The ITBP is the last of the Central Armed Police Forces(CAPFs) to induct women officers in combat roles after the govt first allowed it to enrol them in 2016.
2.‘Suvidha’ sanitary pad launched by government.
- The government launched a biodegradable sanitary pad ‘Suvidha’ to mark International Women’s Day. The oxo-biodegradable sanitary pad, priced Rs 2.50 per pad, will be available at Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi centres.
- The govt is introducing the Suvidha pads at a time when there has been an increasing demand from women across the country to waive off the 12% GST on sanitary pads.
3.Pension announced for single women by Madhya Pradesh.
- Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan announced ‘Mukhyamantri Mahila Kosh’ scheme on International Women’s Day.
- Under this scheme, the women who aren’t married and are above the age of 50 will be given pension.
4.Diu to be 100% powered by solar energy.
- Diu has become the first Union Territory in India to run 100% on solar power generated energy.
- Diu has managed to generate surplus solar power for its residents, reducing their electricity costs, in a span of just three years.
1.Knight Frank Wealth Report 2018 released.
- The index is drawn from four major indicators: wealth, investments, lifestyle and future. Guangzhou, a city in China, tops the list.
- Mumbai ranks 16th among the top 20 costliest cities in the world. The rise in Indian financial capital’s ranking on this count is supported by the rapid wealth creation in the country.
2.Trump imposes tariff on steel and aluminium imports to US.
- Donald Trump signed an executive order to impose a 25% tariff on steel imports and a 10% tariff on aluminium imports to the US, excluding Canada and Mexico from the taxation.
- However, he added that the tariff will be effective after 15 days to give time to the US allies to negotiate exemption.
3.Catherine De Bolle appointed 1st woman Europol chief.
- The European Union Agency for Law Enforcement Cooperation(Europol) appointed Catherine De Bolle as its first woman executive director.
- In 2012, she became Belgium’s first female Federal Police commissioner.
4.Donald Trump to meet Kim Jong-un for 1st time.
- N Korean leader Kim Jong-un invited US President Donald Trump for a meeting.
- Trump had expressed an openness for a dialogue, and has accepted the invitation and is scheduled to meet Jong-un for the first time ever by May this year.
1.Indo-China trade hits new record.
- A record high of $84.44 billion was reached by India-China bilateral trade last year despite the tensions between the two nations over several issues.
- India’s exports to China rose by nearly 40%, according to the data released by the Chinese General Administration of Customs.
2.Direct tax collection increased by 19.5% in Apr-Feb period.
- The direct tax has increased by 19.5% in the April-Feb period of the current fiscal. Corporate tax collection grew by 19.7%.
- The net direct tax collection represents 74.3% of the Rs10.05 lakh crore as per the revised estimates presented in the Union Budget 2018-19.
3.PNB seeks 1 year provisional relief from RBI.
- PNB has reportedly requested the RBI to provide it four quarters for making provisions against the $2 billion fraud by jewelers Nirav Modi and Mehul Choksi.
- Earlier, PNB has said it was digging into records to examine the magnitude of the fraud.
4.Central Banking Awards 2018 declared.
- The Bank of Canada, this year’s Central Bank of the Year, emerged as a beacon of best practice for much of the community.
- Central Banking’s fifth annual awards recognize outstanding achievement within a community that has had to balance monetary environment of rapid innovation, political change and global uncertainty.
1.Anjum Moudgil wins silver in ISSF WC 2018.
- Indian shooter Anjum Moudgil grabbed a silver medal in the women’s 50m rifle 3 positions event at the opening ISSF World Cup in Mexico.
- India remained on top of the medals tally with 8 medals while China is on second position.
2.Raina becomes third Indian to smash 50 sixes in T20I cricket.
- Suresh Raina has become the third Indian cricketer to hit 50 sixes in T20I cricket.
- Only Rohit Sharma and Yuvraj Singh have hit more sixes than Raina among Indians.
3.Ayyasamy Dharun breaks Indian record by runing 400m hurdles in 49.45s.
- 21-year-old athlete Ayyasamy Dharun ran a 400m hurdles race in 49.45 seconds to break an 11-year-old national record.
- He also managed to qualify for the upcoming Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast, Australia.
- Daily Current Affairs: March 1
- Daily Current Affairs: March 2
- Daily Current Affairs: March 3
- Daily Current Affairs: March 4
- Daily Current Affairs: March 5
- Daily Current Affairs: March 6
- Daily Current Affairs: March 7
- Daily Current Affairs: March 8
- Daily Current Affairs: March 9
- Daily Current Affairs: March 10
- Daily Current Affairs: March 11