Daily Current Affairs 9 March 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 9 March 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 9 March 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 9 March 2019 Current affairs test.
1. e-Dharti App
- Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Puri has launched e-Dharti App.
- Through e-Dharti App, All the three modules- Conversion, Substitution and Mutation related to properties have been made online.
2. ‘Mukhya Mantri Karigar Sahayata’ scheme
- Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik has launched ‘Mukhya Mantri Karigar Sahayata’ scheme in Bhubaneswar.
- Rs 800 monthly allowance to craftsmen with over 10 years of experience and annual income below Rs 1 lakh.
3. Executive Chairman of National Legal Services Authority
- Presidnet Kovind has nominated Justice SA Bobde as Executive Chairman of National Legal Services Authority.
- National Legal Services Authority of India was formed on 9th November 1995 under the authority of the Legal Services Authorities Act 1987. Its purpose is to provide free legal services to eligible candidates, and to organize Lok Adalats for speedy resolution of cases.
4. National Institute of Mental Health Rehabilitation
- National Institute of Mental Health Rehabilitation will be set up at Sehore in Madhya Pradesh.
- With an outlay of Rs 180 crore, This Institute will be first of its kind in the country.
1. OECD’ s Global Economic Growth
- Acc. to OECD’s Report, World Economy will grow 3.3% in 2019 and 3.4% in 2020.
- The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development is an intergovernmental economic organisation with 36 member countries, founded in 1961 to stimulate economic progress and world trade.
2. Forbes World’s Billionaires list 2019
- 1. Jeff Bezos and family (USA) ( $131 billion)
- 2. Bill Gates (USA)
- 3. Warren Buffett (USA)
- Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani is ranked at 13th position with $50 billion wealth.
3. Next ambassador of India to Saudi Arabia
- Dr. Ausaf Sayeed has been appointed as the next ambassador of India to Saudi Arabia.
- Capital: Riyadh || Currency: Saudi riyal || King: Salman of Saudi Arabia
4. UNDP’s Goodwill Ambassador
- Padma Lakshmi has been appointed as Goodwill Ambassador to fight against inequality and discrimination around the world by United Nations Development Programme.
- Padma Lakshmi is an American author, actress, model, television host, and executive producer.
- The United Nations Development Programme is the United Nations’ global development network. Headquartered in New York City, UNDP advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
- Headquarters: New York City || Founded: 22 November 1965, USA || Head: Achim Steiner || Formation: 1965 || Parent organization: United Nations Economic and Social Council
1. ‘Bolo’ By Google
- Google has unveiled a new app ‘Bolo’ for children.
- It will help children in primary school learn to read in Hindi and English.
- It features an animated character ‘Diya’, who encourages children to read stories aloud and helps if the child is unable to pronounce a word.
2. United Bank with HDFC Life
- United Bank and HDFC Life have signed a bancassurance deal.
- United Bank of India: HQ :- Kolkata || CEO of United Bank of India: Ashok Kumar Pradhan
3. SBI Payment Services Pvt Ltd
- SBI (74 percent stake) and Hitachi Payment Services Pvt Ltd have launched their merchant-acquiring joint venture, SBI Payment Services Pvt Ltd (SBIPSPL) in Mumbai.
- Hitachi Payment Services Pvt Ltd is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi Ltd.
4. Director of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre
- Ajit Kumar Mohanty has been appointed as Director of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre for three years.
- The Bhabha Atomic Research Centre is India’s premier nuclear research facility headquartered in Trombay, Mumbai, Maharashtra. BARC is a multi-disciplinary research centre with extensive infrastructure for advanced research and development covering the entire spectrum of nuclear science, engineering and related areas.
1. 2019 Africa Cup of Nations
- Egypt was chosen by the CAF Executive Committee as the host nation of 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.
- The CAF Africa Cup of Nations, officially CAN, also referred to as AFCON, or Total Africa Cup of Nations for sponsorship reasons, is the main international association football competition in Africa. It is sanctioned by the Confederation of African Football and was first held in 1957.
2. World Table Tennis Championships 2019
- The 2019 World Table Tennis Championships will be held in Budapest, Hungary from 21 to 28 April, 2019. It will be the 55th edition of the championships.
- The World Table Tennis Championships have been held since 1926, biennially since 1957. Five individual events, which include men’s singles, women’s singles, men’s doubles, women’s double and mixed doubles, are currently held in odd numbered years.
3. Ice Hockey World Championships 2019
- The 2019 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship is scheduled to be hosted by Slovakia, as announced by the IIHF on 15 May 2015.
- The Ice Hockey World Championships are an annual international men’s ice hockey tournament organized by the International Ice Hockey Federation. First officially held at the 1920 Summer Olympics, it is the sport’s highest profile annual international tournament.