Daily Current Affairs 9 May 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 9 May 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 9 May 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 9 May 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Conference for CEOs of smart cities
- The First Apex Conference is inaugurated in Bhopal.
- This is to facilitate knowledge sharing among Smart Cities CEOs.
2. One stop centres for women
- 100 one stop centres will be set up for violence affected women.
- Services like police assistance, social counselling, medical and legal aid will be provided.
3. LPG price in Delhi has declined in the last 5 months
- The non-subsidised price of LPG is Rs.650,50 in May compared to Rs.747 in Dec.
- The effective cost to consumer after subsidy is Rs.491.21
4. Nathu La pass reopened
- The pass has been reopened for annual Kailash Mansarovar Yatra.
- Last year, pilgrims had been denied entry due to the Doklam standoff.
1. Asia Media Summit at India
- India will host the 15th Asia Media Summit 2018 in New Delhi.
- The theme is ‘Telling our stories-Asia and more’.
2. PM Modi among 10 most powerful people
- PM Modi has been ranked 9th on the Forbes list of most powerful people in the world.
- Xi Jinping is ranked 1st, followed by Putin and Trump.
3. Nikol Pashinyan becomes PM of Armenia
- He is elected with a 59-42 vote.
- Pashinyan is the leader of Civil Contract party.
4. Climate summit to be held in NY
- Antonio Guterres announced that the summit will be held in New York on September 2019.
- Guterres appointed Michael Bloomberg as his special envoy for Climate action.
1. BSE to launch Derivatives Trading
- BSE will begin commodity derivatives with metals, energy and base metals.
- It will be launched from October 1.
2. Google and NITI Aayog sign SoI
- It is aimed at fostering growth for India’s AI and machine learning.
- Google will train and incubate India’s AI startups.
3. Walmart loses $10 bn market capitalisation
- This comes after Walmart announced a deal worth $16 bn to acquire Flipkart.
- Notably, Flipkart’s valuation doubled to $21 bn.
1. Kohli named in Ireland T20 tour
- He is included in the 2 match T20I series in Ireland.
- Kohli also has Surrey’s last county match scheduled from June 25-28.
2. ICC shared a picture of Ireland Test team
- Ireland were granted Test status in June 2017.
- They will face Pakistan in their maiden Test on May 11.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,9 May
- Daily Current Affairs: May 1
- Daily Current Affairs: May 2
- Daily Current Affairs: May 3
- Daily Current Affairs: May 4
- Daily Current Affairs: May 5
- Daily Current Affairs: May 6
- Daily Current Affairs: May 7
- Daily Current Affairs: May 8
- Daily Current Affairs: May 9
- Daily Current Affairs: May 10
- Daily Current Affairs: May 11
- Daily Current Affairs: May 12
- Daily Current Affairs: May 13
- Daily Current Affairs: May 14
- Daily Current Affairs: May 15