Daily Current Affairs 9 November 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 9 November 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 9 November 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 9 November 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Odd-even scheme to be reintroduced in Delhi
- The scheme will be reintroduced in the national capital from Nov 13-17.
- The Environment Pollution Authority had declared that the pollution has reached ‘Severe Plus’ level or emergency condition.
2. Raghuram Rajan rejects AAP’s Rajya Sabhha offer
- The office of former RBI Governor has issued a statement clarifying that Rajan does not have any plans to leave his full-time academic job at the University of Chicago.
- This comes after reports said the AAP had offered Rajan one of its three seats in the Rajya Sabha.
3. Class XI Ryan student confessed to murder of Pradyuman
- The CBI has said that the student has confessed to his involvement in the murder of 7-yr old Pradyuman Thakur.
- They also added that they haven’t found any evidence against the bus conductor.
1. China bans tourism to North Korea
- This came a day before US President Donald Trump’s visit to China amid the ongoing tensions over N Korea’s nuclear programme.
- N Korea generates over Rs.285 crore in tourism from China.
2. Paris climate deal’s new member Syria not invited for talks
- The French Govt explained that only countries committed to implementing the deal were invited.
- The US, which is the only country not in the deal, is also not invited for the talks.
< strong>3. IAF participates in Israel’s military drill for the first time
- A 45-member Indian Air Force contingent is participating in the Blue Flag military drill with the air forces of Israel and 8 other nations
- The contingent will be training with Israeli Airforce’s Rescue and Evacuation Unit.
1. RBI cuts down on printing of new currency notes
- The printing has been reduced to 21 billion pieces this year which is the lowest in five years compared to 28 billion pieces last year.
- This is reportedly due to the lack of space in vaults as they are piled with scrapped notes.
2. Bezos, Gates, Buffett own more wealth than poorest 50% of US
- These three richest people in the US have a combines fortune of $248.5 billion.
- The billionaires on the Forbes list of US’ 400 richest people have combined fortune of $2.68 trillion, more than UK’s GDP.
3. Qualcomm signs deals worth $12 billion with China’s mobile makers
- Qualcomm signed agreements to sell components for over three years to Xiaomi, OPPO and Vivo.
- The agreement was part of an over $250 billion deals package unveiled between the US and Chinese firms.
1. Kohli earns Rs.3.2 crore per Instagram post
- Kohli is tied with Real Madrid forward Christiano Ronaldo at the second place while comedian Kevin Hart tops the chart with Rs.6.4 crore per promotional post.
- Kohli’s brand endorsement contract was reportedly worth Rs.143 crore in 2017.
2. Saina Nehwal credits Gopichand for victory
- Indian Shuttler Saina Nehwal credited coach Pullela Gopichand for her victory over PV Sindhu in the nationals final.
- Nehwal had reunited with Gopichand in September, 3 yrs after parting ways.
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15