Daily Current Affairs 09 October 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 09 October 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 09 October 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 9 October 2017 Current affairs test.
1. PM launched Intensified Mission Indradhanush.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched Intensified Mission Indradhanush(IMI) at Vadnagar in Gujarat.
- Through this programme, Government of India aims to reach each and every child under two years of age and all those pregnant women who have been left uncovered the routine immunisation program.
2. SC bans sale of firecrackers in Delhi-NCR till November 1.
- The supreme court upheld its ban on sale of firecrackers in Delhi –NCR till November 1.
- The Central Pollution Control Board also supported the plea seeking restoration of the previous year ban as the region witnessed a huge rise in air pollution after Diwali last year.
3.Remove words ‘Muslim’ from AMU, ‘Hindu’ from BHU: UGC panel.
- A University Grant Commission’s panel has suggested the government to remove word ‘Muslim’ from Aligarh Muslim University and ‘Hindu’ from Banaras Hindu University to reflect their secular character.
1.US, Turkey suspended visa services in tit-for-tat move.
- The US mission in Turkey and subsequently the Turkish mission in the US have indefinitely suspended all non-immigrant visa services for travel between the two countries over security reasons.
- This comes after US consulate employee was arrested in Turkey last week on suspicion of links to Fettullah Gulen.
2.US President has made me famous: Venezuelan President.
- Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro said that US President Donald Trump has made him famous by criticizing him.
- Trump has called Maduro “a bad leader who dreams of becoming dictator” and imposed sanctions against him for the creation of an assembly tasked with rewriting Venezuela’s constitution.
3.US UNESCO chooses new chief amid tensions over Palestinian role.
- UNESCO’s executive board is choosing a new leader to replace departing director Irina Bokova, whose tenure was marred by funding troubles and tension over its inclusion of Palestine as a member.
- United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization(UNESCO) is Paris based International organization.
1.Rajesh Nath gets Germany’s highest civilian honour.
- Rajesh Nath, MD of VDMA India has been conferred the ‘Cross of the Order of Merit’, the highest civilian honour awarded to individuals for their services to Germany.
- The award also known as Bundesverdienstkreuz of Federal Cross of Merit was instituted in 1951 and is Germany’s only honour that is awarded to both Germans and foreigners for achievements in the economic, political or intellectual realms.
2.American economist Richard H Thaler wins 2017 Nobel in Economics.
- American economist Richard H Thaler has been awarded the 2017 Nobel Economic Sciences for his contribution to behavioural economics.
- His research is often cited in marketing tricks and avoid bad economic decisions, the Nobel foundation said.
3.Need Li-ion battery plants for electric cars: NITI Aayog.
- NITI Aayog member VK Saraswat has said that India needs to set up large Lithium-ion battery manufacturing plants to become a global player in EVs(Electric Vehicles) technology market.
- He said at present they are not manufactured in India and therefore the country has to depend on imports.
1.Rafael Nadal wins China Open title2017.
- World No 1 Rafael Nadal won his sixth title of this year.
- He defeated Nick Kyrgios at the China Open 2017.
2.Anupama clinches World Open Under-16 snooker championship title.
- India’s Anupama Ramchandran has clinched the World Open Under-16 Snooker Championship title at St. Petersburg in Russia.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15