Daily Current Affairs 9 September 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 9 September 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 9 September 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 9 September 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Regional Conference on Good Governance
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DAR&PG),Indian Government and Madhya Pradesh Government has organized a Regional Conference on Good Governance in Bhopal.
- The main focus of this conference is on Aspirational Districts.
2. Shahpur Kandi project
- Punjab Govt. and Jammu and Kashmir Govt. has signed an MOU to start work on the project.
- The project is about utilization of Ravi water as per the Indus Water Treaty with Pakistan.
3. Constitutionalizing India: an Ideational Project – A New Book
- Venkaiah Naidu has released the book.
- It is authored by Bidyut Chakrabarty.
1. International Literacy Day
- International Literacy Day was observed on 8 September.
- Theme :- ‘Literacy and skills development’.
2. World Summit on Accreditation
- World Summit on Accreditation has started in New Delhi, India.
- Theme:- ‘Challenges and Opportunities in Outcome-Based Accreditation’.
3. International Geriatric Orthopaedic Conference, AIIMS New Delhi
- Rajnath Singh has inaugurated the 6th International Geriatric Orthopaedic Society of India Conference.
- Theme:-‘Increased Longevity with Reduced Fragility and Enhanced Mobility’
4. Yudh Abhyas Exercise
- Yudh Abhyas will start from September 16 to 29, 2018 between India Army and USA Army.
- The exercise will be conducted at Chaubatia in Uttarakhand.
1. Axis Bank’s New MD and CEO
- Amitabh Chaudhry will be Axis Bank’s New MD and CEO and will take over the position from January 1, 2019.
- Previously he was CEO of HDFC Life.
2. SBI’s New MD
- Anshula Kant is SBI’s New MD
- SBI now has four MD
- 1. PK Gupta
- 2. DK Khara
- 3. Arijit Basu
- 4. Anshula Kant
3. Temasek with NIIF India
- Temasek will invest $400 million in Master Fund of National Investment and Infrastructure Fund-NIIF India.
- Temasek Holdings Private Limited is a Singaporean holding company owned by the Government of Singapore.
1. Sports Ambassador of Assam
- Hima Das is the Sports Ambassador of Assam.
- She is an Indian sprinter who specialises in the 400 m distance. In 2018 she became the first Indian athlete to win a gold medal in a track event at the IAAF World U20 Championships.
2. ISSF World Championship
- Ankur Mittal won Gold Medal in double trap event.
- Hriday Hazarika clinched Gold medal in 10 m air rifle junior men’s event.
3. US Open 2018
- Naomi Osaka won US Open women’s singles title as she defeated Serena Williams.
- Novak Djokovic defeated Juan Martín del Potro and won US Open men’s singles title.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,9 September
- Daily Current Affairs: September 1
- Daily Current Affairs: September 2
- Daily Current Affairs: September 3
- Daily Current Affairs: September 4
- Daily Current Affairs: September 5
- Daily Current Affairs: September 6
- Daily Current Affairs: September 7
- Daily Current Affairs: September 8
- Daily Current Affairs: September 9