Daily Current Affairs 9 September 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 9 September 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 9 September 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 9 September 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Institution of Eminence
- Ministry of Human Resource Development has awarded ‘Institution of Eminence’ (IoE) status to Delhi University, Banaras Hindu University, University of Hyderabad, IIT-Madras and IIT-Kharagpur.
- The decision was taken after a recommendation by University Grants Commission.
2. Swachh Bharat Awards
- Best Swachh Iconic Place award: Vaishno Devi Shrine Board
- Swachhta Pakhwada Award: Department of Defence
- Best Public Sector Undertakings: Power Grid Corporation
- Best Ministry for Implementation of Swachhata Action Plan for 2018-19: Indian Railways
3. National Animal Disease Control Programme
- PM Modi will launch National Animal Disease Control Programme on 11th September 2019.
- The Programme has two components – to control the diseases by 2025 and eradication by 2030.
- With 100 Percent funding from the Central Government, of Rs 12,652 Crores for a period of five years till 2024.
- The programme aims at vaccinating over 500 Million Livestock including cattle, buffalo, sheep, goats and pigs against the Foot and Mouth Disease FMD.
4. Kiran Nagarkar passes away
- Kiran Nagarkar was an Indian novelist, playwright and screenwriter. A noted drama and film critic in Indian media, Nagarkar was one of the most significant writers of post-colonial India.
- He is known for his books ‘Cuckold’ and ‘Bedtime Story’.
1. Exercise TSENTR 2019
- India and Pakistan will take part in a 2-week-long multi-national military exercise named TSENTR 2019 in Russia.
- Prime minister: Imran Khan || Capital: Islamabad || Currency: Pakistani rupee || Population: 19.7 crores || President: Arif Alvi
2. India International Seafood Show
- Kochi will host India International Seafood Show in February 2020.
- It will be hosted by Marine Products Export Development Authority in association with the Seafood Exporters Association of India.
- Kerala Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
3. UNESCO with Rajasthan
- UNESCO has tied up with Rajasthan to promote intangible cultural heritage of Rajasthan.
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations based in Paris, France.
- Headquarters: Paris, France || Head: Audrey Azoulay || Founded: 16 November 1945, London, United Kingdom
4. India-China Strategic Economic Dialogue
- The 6th India-China Strategic Economic Dialogue was held in New Delhi.
- The Indian side will be led by Rajiv Kumar, Vice-Chairman of NITI Aayog.
- Capital: Beijing || Currency: Renminbi
1. New Appointments Press Trust of India
- Chairman: Vijay Kumar Chopra
- Vice Chairman: Vineet Jain
- Vijay Kumar Chopra is the chief executive officer and editor in chief of the Punjab Kesari print news organisation. He is involved in social welfare work and has received a Padma Shri award.
- Vineet Kumar Jain is the Managing director and Director of Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd., commonly known as The Times Group, India’s largest media group.
2. Can Fin Homes
- Canara Bank has invited bids to divest its entire 30% share in its housing finance arm ‘Can Fin Homes’.
- Canara Bank is one of the largest public sector banks owned by the Government of India. It is headquartered in Bengaluru. It was established at Mangalore in 1906 by AmmembalSubba Rao Pai. It is one of the oldest public sector banks in the country.
- Sankara Narayanan, who was appointed Canara Bank chief, will retire in January 2020.
1. Youngest captain in Test cricket history
- Rashid Khan of Afghanistan against Bangladesh, has become the youngest ever captain in 142 years of Test cricket history.
- Afghanistan: President: Ashraf Ghani || Capital: Kabul || Currency: Afghan afghani
2. 2019 US Open Tennis Winners List
- Men’s Singles : Winner: Rafael Nadal (Spain) || Runner-up: Daniil Medvedev (Russia)
- Women’s Singles : Winner: Bianca Andreescu (Canada) || Runner-up: Serena Williams (USA)
- Men’s Doubles : Juan Sebastián Cabal (Colombia) / Robert Farah (Colombia)
- Women’s Doubles : Elise Mertens (Belgium) / Aryna Sabalenka (Belarus)
- Mixed Doubles : Bethanie Mattek-Sands (United States) / Jamie Murray (United Kingdom)