Daily Current Affairs 9th 10th September 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 9th 10th September 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 9th 10th September 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 9th 10th September 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Multidimensional Poverty Index Coordination Committee
- NITI Aayog has drafted Multidimensional Poverty Index Coordination Committee (MPICC), chaired by Ms Sanyukta Samaddar.
- NITI Aayog: Headquarters: New Delhi || Chairperson: Narendra Modi || Vice Chairperson: Rajiv Kumar || CEO: Amitabh Kant
2. Patrika Gate in Jaipur
- Prime Minister Modi has inaugurated the Patrika Gate in Jaipur through video conference.
- The Patrika Gate was built by the Patrika group of Newspapers.
- Patrika is an Indian Hindi-language daily newspaper. It was founded by Karpoor Chandra Kulish in 1956 and published as Rajasthan Patrika in Delhi and Rajasthan, and as Patrika in 9 other states.
- News editor: Mr. Gulab Kothari || Founder: Karpoor Chandra Kulish || Founded: 7 March 1956, Jaipur || Headquarters: Jaipur
3. Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
- Prime Minister Modi will launch the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana with an aim to enhance fish production to 70 lakh tonnes by 2024-25.
- It is a flagship scheme for focused and sustainable development of the fisheries sector in the country with an estimated investment of Rs. 20,050 crore.
1. EASE (Enhanced Access and Service Excellence) Reform Index
- Indian Banking Association (IBA) has launched EASE (Enhanced Access and Service Excellence) reform index.
- Aim: To bring a healthy competition among these PSBs and by encouraging them to learn from each other.
- Top Three
- 1. Bank of Baroda
- 2. State Bank of India
- 3. Oriental Bank of Commerce
1. Brand Ambassador of Playerzpot
- Cricketer Bhuvneshwar Kumar & Smriti Mandhana has been signed as the Brand Ambassador of Playerzpot.
- Playerzpot is a fantasy sports gaming platforms.
1. President of All India Tennis Association
- Anil Jain has been elected as the new President of All India Tennis Association.
- All India Tennis Association: Founded: March 1920 || Headquarters: R.K. Khanna Tennis Stadium, Delhi.
2. Chairman of National School of Drama
- Bollywood actor Paresh Rawal have been appointed as the new Chairman of National School of Drama.
- National School of Drama is a theatre training institute situated at New Delhi, India. It is an autonomous organization under Ministry of Culture, Government of India. It was set up in 1959 by the Sangeet Natak Akademi and became an independent school in 1975.
1. International Day to Protect Education from Attack
- United Nations General Assembly proclaims 9 September as the International Day to Protect Education from Attack, mobilizing action to safeguard education in armed conflict.
- The United Nations is an intergovernmental organization that aims to maintain international peace and security, develop friendly relations among nations, achieve international cooperation, and be a centre for harmonizing the actions of nations.
2. World Suicide Prevention Day
- World Suicide Prevention Day is an awareness day observed on 10 September every year.
- It is in order to provide worldwide commitment and action to prevent suicides, with various activities around the world since 2003.
- Theme: Working Together to Prevent Suicide.
1. Kesavananda Bharati passes away
- Kesavananda Bharati was an Indian Hindu monk who served as the Shankaracharya (head) of Edneer Mutt, a Hindu monastery in Kasaragod district, Kerala
- He was the petitioner in Kesavananda Bharati v. State of Kerala, a landmark case that helped establish the basic structure doctrine of the Indian Constitution which guarantees that the fundamental or ‘basic structure’ of the Indian Constitution can not be altered by parliamentary amendment.
2. Govind Swarup passes away
- Father of India’s Radio Astronomy, Prof Govind Swarup passed away.
- Govind Swarup was a radio astronomer and one of the pioneers of radio astronomy, known not only for his many important research contributions in several areas of astronomy and astrophysics, but also for his outstanding achievements in building ingenious, innovative and powerful observational facilities for front-line research in radio astronomy.
- He was the founding director of National Centre for Radio Astrophysics of Tata Institute of Fundamental Research.
- He was the key scientist behind concept, design and installation of the Ooty Radio Telescope (India) and the Giant Metrewave Radio Telescope (GMRT) near Pune. Under his leadership, a strong group in radio astrophysics has been built at Tata Institute of Fundamental Research that is comparable to the best in the world.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Global Multidimensional Poverty Index 2020
- Global Multidimensional Poverty Index 2020 was released by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Oxford Poverty & Human Development Initiative (OPHI).
- India is 62nd among 107 countries with an MPI score of 0.123 and 27.91% headcount ratio, based on the NFHS 4 (2015/16) data.
- Global MPI is computed by scoring each surveyed household on 10 parameters based on –nutrition, child mortality, years of schooling, school attendance, cooking fuel, sanitation, drinking water, electricity, housing and household assets.
2. Indira Gandhi Peace Prize
- Sir David Attenborough was conferred with the prestigious Indira Gandhi Peace Prize.
- Sir David Frederick Attenborough is an English broadcaster and natural historian. He is best known for writing and presenting, in conjunction with the BBC Natural History Unit.
- The Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development was instituted in the memory of the former prime minister by a trust in her name in 1986. It consists of a monetary award of Rs 25 lakh along with a citation.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,9th 10th September