Daily Current Affairs 9th 10th August 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 9th 10th August 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 9th 10th August 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 9th 10th August 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Maharashtra with Google
- Government of Maharashtra has tied-up with Google to start virtual classes for the students in the state.
- It will cover over 1.09 lakh government, private, aided, and unaided schools, and benefit over 22.03 million students.
1. Equitas Small Finance Bank with Chennai Super Kings
- Equitas Small Finance Bank has been appointed as official retail banking partner for Chennai Super Kings
- Equitas Small Finance Bank: MD and CEO: Vasudevan P N || Headquarters: Chennai
1. Book ‘Amazing Ayodhya’
- Book ‘Amazing Ayodhya’ has been authored by Neena Rai.
- It is about the life and times of ancient Hindus with the revered figures of Rama and Sita.
1. New MD & CEO of PNB Housing Finance
- Hardayal Prasad has been appointed as the new MD & CEO of PNB Housing Finance
- PNB Housing Finance Head Office: New Delhi.
2. Inspector General of Central Reserve Police Force
- IPS officer P S Ranipse has been appointed as Inspector General of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF).
- CRPF: Headquarters: New Delhi || The motto of CRPF: Service and Loyalty || CRPF founded: 27 July 1939.
1. International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples
- The International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples is observed on 9 August each year to raise awareness and protect the rights of the world’s indigenous population.
- This event also recognizes the achievements and contributions that indigenous people make to improve world issues such as environmental protection.
2. World Biofuel Day
- World Biofuel Day is observed every year on 10th August.
- Aim: To aware about the importance of non-fossil fuels as an alternative to conventional fossil fuels.
1. Exercise Kavkaz 2020
- India will participate in Exercise Kavkaz 2020 to be held in Astrakhan, Russia.
- Russia: President: Vladimir Putin || Capital: Moscow || Population: 14.45 crores (2018) World Bank || Prime minister: Mikhail Mishustin || Currency: Russian Rouble
1. ICC Men’s T20 World Cup
- India will host the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021.
- Australia will host the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022.