Daily Current Affairs 9th 10th November 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 9th 10th November 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 9th 10th November 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 9th 10th November 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Short Film ‘Natkhat’
- Vidya Balan’s short film ‘Natkhat’ is eligible for Oscar nomination.
- ‘Natkhat’ has won the top prize at the third edition of Best Of India Short Film Festival 2020.
2. FASTags to be mandatory
- FASTags to be mandatory for all four wheelers from 1st January, 2021
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways: Nitin Gadkari, Cabinet Minister
3. Largest Care and Cure centre for Elephants
- The Elephant Rehabilitation Centre at Kottoor in Thiruvananthapuram has become the largest Care and Cure Centre for Elephants.
- The funding will be from Kerala Infrastructure Investment Fund Board (KIIFB).
4. First solar-based water supply project of India
- Jal Shakti Minister, Gajendra Singh Shekhawat has launched India’s first solar-based Integrated Multi-Village Water Supply Project in Arunachal Pradesh.
- Arunachal Pradesh: Chief Minister: Pema Khandu || Governor: B.D. Mishra.
5. Hornbill Festival
- Nagaland Government has celebrated Hornbill Festival virtually.
- Nagaland: Chief Minister: Neiphiu Rio || Governor: R. N. Ravi.
6. India’s longest motorable single-lane bridge
- India’s longest single-lane motorable suspension bridge has been inaugurated in Tehri-Garhwal, Uttarakhand.
- Built over the Tehri lake. It will cut travel time between Tehri and Pratapnagar from 5 to 1.5 hours.
1. UN Advisory Committee
- Indian diplomat Vidisha Maitra was elected to the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ).
- United Nations: Headquarters: New York || Founded: 24 October 1945 || Secretary general: António Guterres
1. Indian Railway with ISB
- Indian Railway has tied-up with Indian School of Business, Hyderabad to implement artificial intelligence, data analytics for better operational efficiency
- Indian Railways: Headquarters: New Delhi || Piyush Goyal (Minister of Railways) || Vinod Kumar Yadav (Chairman & CEO, Railway Board)
2. Urban Mobility India Conference 2020
- Hardeep S. Puri, Minister of State (IC) Housing and Urban Affairs has inaugurated 13th Urban Mobility India Conference 2020.
- Theme: ‘Emerging Trends in Urban Mobility’.
1. Book ‘Rasaathi: The Other Side of a Transgender’
- Sasindran Kallinkeel has authored a novel named ‘Rasaathi: The Other Side of a Transgender’.
2. Book ‘Your Best Day Is Today!’
- Actor Anupam Kher has launched his latest book ‘Your Best Day Is Today!’ to recount his experiences during the lockdown.
1. National Legal Services Day
- National Legal Services Day is observed on 9th November.
- Aim: To commemorate the enactment of the Legal Services Authorities Act 1987.
2. World Urbanism Day
- World Urbanism Day is observed on 8th November.
- The international organisation for World Urbanism Day, also known as “World Town Planning Day”, was founded in 1949 by the late Professor Carlos Maria della Paolera of the University of Buenos Aires, a graduate at the Institut d’urbanisme in Paris, to advance public and professional interest in planning.
3. World Science Day for Peace and Development
- World Science Day for Peace and Development is an international day that highlights the important role that science has in society and is celebrated each year on November 10.
- It also highlights the need to engage the wider public in debates on emerging scientific issues.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. JCB Prize for Literature
- Malayalam author, S Hareesh has won the JCB Prize for Literature 2020 for his novel Moustache.
- The JCB Prize for Literature is regarded as the richest literary prize in India.
1. Paris Master 2020
- Daniil Medvedev of Russia has won Paris Master 2020 defeating Alexander Zverev.