Daily Current Affairs 9th 10th October 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 9th 10th October 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 9th 10th October 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 9th 10th October 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Digital Seva Setu
- Gujarat Govt has launched ‘Digital Seva Setu’ Programme.
- The program has been initiated under the BharatNet Project of Government of India.
- All the 14000-gram panchayats in Gujarat by connecting village panchayats through an optical fibre network.
2. Kasturi Cotton India
- Minister of Textiles, Smriti Irani has launched the first-ever Brand and Logo for Indian Cotton ‘Kasturi Cotton India’.
- Cotton Corporation of India: Chairman-Managing Director: Pradeep Kumar Agarwal || Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
3. Zurich Airport International with Noida International Airport
- Uttar Pradesh Government has signed a concession agreement with Zurich Airport International for designing, building and operating Noida International Airport at Jewar.
- The city of Zurich, a global center for banking and finance, lies at the north end of Lake Zurich in northern Switzerland.
1. PM SVANidhi portal with SBI’s eMudra portal.
- Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs has launched the API integration between the PM SVANidhi portal and SBI’s eMudra portal.
- Aim: To expedite loan sanctioning and disbursement process under Modi Government’s PM SVANidhi scheme for nano entrepreneurs.
2. MSME Prerana
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has launched ‘MSME Prerana’ which is an online business mentoring programme for MSMEs by Indian Bank.
- On April 1, 2020 Allahabad Bank amalgamated with Indian Bank || Indian Bank MD and CEO: Padmaja Chunduru.
3. Axis Bank with Vistara
- Axis Bank has tied-up with Vistara to launch co-branded forex card ‘Axis Bank Club Vistara Forex Card’.
- Vistara Headquarters: Gurgaon || Vistara CEO: Leslie Thng.
- Axis Bank Headquarters: Mumbai || Axis Bank MD and CEO: Amitabh Chaudhry.
4. RBI’s 3rd Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Statement 2020-21
- Policy Repo Rate : 4.00%
- Reverse Repo Rate : 3.35%
- Marginal Standing Facility Rate : 4.25%
- Bank Rate : 4.25%
- CRR : 3%
- SLR : 18.00%
1. Startup India Showcase
- Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade has launched ‘Startup India Showcase’ which is an online discovery platform for startups.
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) is a central government department under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
1. MD and CEO of India Post Payments Bank
- J Venkatramu has been appointed MD and CEO of India Post Payments Bank.
- India Post Payments Bank Headquarters: New Delhi.
2. Chairman of Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI)
- Nilesh Shah has been re-elected as the Chairman of Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI).
- CEO of Association of Mutual Funds in Indian: S. Venkatesh.
1. Indian Air Force Day
- October 8 is celebrated as the Air Force Day.
- On this day, the Air Force in India was officially raised in 1932 as the supporting force of the Royal Air Force of the United Kingdom.
2. World Post Day
- World Post Day is observed on 9th October as the anniversary of the establishment of the Universal Postal Union in 1874 in the Swiss Capital, Bern.
- The UPU was the start of the global communications revolution, introducing the ability to write letter to others all over the world. World Post Day started in 1969.
3. World Mental Health Day
- World Mental Health Day is observed globally on 10th October by World Federation for Mental Health.
- Theme: ‘Mental Health for all’.
4. World Migratory Bird Day
- World Migratory Bird Day is observed globally on 10th October.
- Theme: ‘Birds Connect Our World’.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Sarala Puraskar
- Noted Odia Poet Nityananda Nayak will receive Sarala Puraskar for his poetry work ‘Setebelaku Nathiba’.
- Sarala Dasa was a 15th-century Poet and scholar of Odia literature. Best known for three Odia books — Mahabharata, Vilanka Ramayana and Chandi Purana — he was the first scholar to write in Odia. As an originator of Odia literature, his work has formed an enduring source of information for succeeding generations
2. Nobel Prize in Peace 2020
- Nobel Peace Prize for 2020 to the World Food Programme (WFP).
- The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations and the world’s largest humanitarian organization focused on hunger and food security. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
- Headquarters: Rome, Italy || Parent organization: United Nations General Assembly || Heads: David Beasley, Ertharin Cousin || Founders: Food and Agriculture Organization, United Nations General Assembly
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,9th 10th October