Daily Current Affairs 9th February 2024: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 9th February2024. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 9th February2024. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 9th February2024 Current affairs test.
1. National Developments:
- Inauguration of India’s First Small Animal Hospital by Tata Trusts and Ratan Tata: A groundbreaking partnership between Tata Trusts and Ratan Tata heralds the establishment of India’s first Small Animal Hospital in Mumbai’s Mahalaxmi district. This state-of-the-art facility, equipped with over 200 beds, is set to offer 24/7 care for pets. Spanning 98,000 square feet across five floors, the hospital represents a significant advancement in pet healthcare in India. The grand opening is scheduled for March 2024, marking a pivotal moment in veterinary services.
2. Banking and Financial Innovations:
- RBI Enhances E-Rupee Accessibility with Offline Transactions: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has introduced offline functionality for e-rupee transactions to promote inclusivity in digital payments, especially in areas with poor internet connectivity. This initiative aims to extend the reach of CBDC-R (Retail) to such areas, with the RBI exploring various methods for conducting offline transactions to facilitate seamless financial activities across different regions.
- Strategic Alliance Between SBI and Flywire Corporation: The State Bank of India (SBI) and Flywire Corporation have entered into a collaboration to simplify international education payments for Indian students. This partnership will enable transactions in Indian Rupees, adhering to the Liberalized Remittance Scheme guidelines, and provide an efficient, integrated digital payment solution through SBI’s online banking platform, making the process easier for students and their families.
3. Business and Economy:
- Cabinet Greenlights Telecom Spectrum Auctions: In line with government policy and TRAI’s recommendations, the Cabinet has approved the execution of telecom spectrum auctions. The auctions, with a reserve price of Rs 96,317.65 crore, will include spectrum in various bands. This decision is part of the government’s strategy to conduct annual spectrum auctions to improve the country’s telecom infrastructure and services.
4. Observance of Important Days:
- World Pulses Day 2024 Celebrations: February 10th marks World Pulses Day, celebrating the essential role of pulses in food security and sustainable agriculture. The 2024 theme highlights the benefits of pulses for both human nutrition and soil health, contributing to environmental sustainability.
- Raising Awareness on International Day of the Arabian Leopard 2024: The International Day of the Arabian Leopard, observed on February 10th, aims to raise awareness about the critical endangerment of this species. The day focuses on conservation efforts and the importance of the Arabian Leopard as a key species for biodiversity and ecosystem management.
5. Government Schemes and Initiatives:
- PMFBY Introduces New Digital and Technological Solutions: Union Agriculture Minister Arjun Munda has announced new initiatives under the Prime Minister Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY), including a digital grievance redressal platform and the SARTHI Initiative. These initiatives leverage technology to offer a range of insurance products for farmers, aiming to improve the accessibility and efficiency of agricultural insurance, benefiting the farming community.
6. Reports and Economic Insights:
- Finance Minister’s White Paper on the Indian Economy: Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has presented a white paper that provides a detailed analysis of the Indian economy’s evolution. The report evaluates past government policies and showcases the significant achievements of the current administration in making India one of the top five global economies. It emphasizes the country’s economic resilience and growth trajectory.
7. International Agreements and Collaborations:
- India and Russia Deepen Nuclear Energy Partnership: An amendment to the nuclear cooperation agreement between India and Russia signifies a major step towards building additional nuclear reactors in India. This enhanced agreement reflects the strong commitment of both countries to a long-term nuclear energy partnership, aimed at improving India’s energy security and sustainability.
8. Prominent Appointments:
- Leadership Change at LIC Mutual Fund: Ravi Kumar Jha has been named the Managing Director and CEO of LIC Mutual Fund Asset Management. With over 30 years of experience at LIC, Mr. Jha is expected to lead the organization to new achievements and innovations in the asset management sector.
9. Awards and Recognitions:
- Bharat Ratna Awards to Esteemed Personalities: PV Narasimha Rao, Chaudhary Charan Singh, and MS Swaminathan are set to receive the Bharat Ratna, India’shighest civilian award. This recognition honors their significant contributions in governance, agriculture, and public service, highlighting their lasting impact on India’s progress.
10. Sports Innovations and Developments:
- Introduction of Blue Cards in Professional Football: The International Football Association Board (IFAB) is planning to introduce blue cards and sin bins in professional football to address dissent and cynical fouls. This initiative is aimed at promoting fair play and sportsmanship among players and teams.
11. Advancements in Science and Technology:
- China Expands Antarctic Research with New Station: China has inaugurated its fifth research station in Antarctica, named Qinling. This expansion underscores China’s commitment to contributing to global scientific knowledge and understanding of the Antarctic region.
- AI Breakthrough in Cancer Detection with iOncology.ai: A joint venture between AIIMS New Delhi and CDAC Pune has resulted in the creation of iOncology.ai, an AI platform aimed at revolutionizing the early detection of breast and ovarian cancers. This advancement is expected to significantly improve diagnostic accuracy and patient outcomes globally.