Daily Current Affairs 9th June 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 9th June 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 9th June 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 9th June 2020 Current affairs test.
1. G20 pledges to fight Covid-19 pandemic
- The Group of 20 (G20) Member countries have pledged more than $21 billion to fight COVID-19 pandemic.
- The G20 is an international forum for the governments and central bank governors from 19 countries and the European Union.
- Leader: Salman of Saudi Arabia (2020) || Chairman: King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (2020)
1. Regulatory Sandbox framework for the stock market ecosystem
- Securities and Exchange Board of India has approved Regulatory Sandbox framework for the stock market ecosystem.
- SEBI: Founded: 12 April 1992 || Headquarters: Mumbai || Chairperson: Ajay Tyagi
Science and Technology News
1. ISRO with Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences
- ISRO has signed an agreement with Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences in the field of Space Situational Awareness (SSA) and Astrophysics.
- Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences is a leading research institute in Nainital, Uttarakhand which specializes in Astronomy, Astrophysics and Atmospheric Sciences.
- ISRO Director: K. Sivan || Headquarters: Bengaluru || Established: 1969.
1. India’s next Ambassador to Switzerland
- Monika Mohta has been appointed next Ambassador of India to Switzerland.
- Currency: Swiss franc || Capital: Bern
1. Kurt Thomas passes away
- Former World Gymnastics Champion Kurt Thomas has passed away.
- Kurt Bilteaux Thomas was an American Olympic gymnast. He was the first American male gymnast to win a gold medal at the World Artistic Gymnastics Championships, doing so in 1978.
2. Chiranjeevi Sarja passes away
- Kannada actor Chiranjeevi Sarja has passed away.
- Chiranjeevi Sarja was an Indian film actor who appeared in Kannada films. Hailing from a family of actors, Sarja acted in more than 20 films in a career spanning 11 years.
Agreements and MoUs
1. CSIR with Atal Innovation Mission
- Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) has partnered with Atal Innovation Mission to promote innovation in India.
- Aim: To work on new models of innovation and set-up CSIR Innovation Parks.
- The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research abbreviated as CSIR was established by the Government of India in September 1942 as an autonomous body that has emerged as the largest research and development organisation in India.
- Director General of Council of Scientific & Industrial Research: Shekhar C Mande.
2. Tech Mahindra with UN Global Compact
- Tech Mahindra has drafted an MoU with UN Global Compact on aligning recovery efforts with climate science
- Tech Mahindra Limited is an Indian multinational subsidiary of the Mahindra Group, providing information technology services and business process outsourcing to companies in various vertical and horizontal markets.
- CEO: C. P. Gurnani || Headquarters: Pune
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. ‘Goodwill Ambassador for the Poor’ by UNADAP
- M Nethra, a 13-year old girl from Tamil Nadu, has been appointed as the ‘Goodwill Ambassador for the Poor’ by the United Nations Association for Development and Peace.
- She convinced her father, a barber, to give Five Lakh rupees for the poor during the Coronovirus pandemic outbreak, that the family had been saving for her education and for Nethra to pursue her civil service when the time comes. This act of selflessness and kindness needs to be recognized and rewarded.
- UNADAP is an organisation run by former Diplomats, International civil servants, political ministers, and anti-corruption activists, championing world leaders.
2. Food Safety Index by FSSAI
- Top Three States
- 1. Gujarat
- 2. Tamil Nadu
- 3. Maharashtra
- Chandigarh has topped the charts among Union Territories.
- FSSAI: Headquarters: New Delhi || Chairperson: Rita Teaotia
1. World Archery Field Championships 2020
- The 2020 World Archery Field Championships in Yankton, USA has been postponed amid COVID-19.
- The World Field Archery Championships is an international competition in field archery. Organised by World Archery, the Championships are held every two years.