Daily Current Affairs 9th March 2023: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 9th March 2023. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 9th March 2023. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 9th March 2023 Current affairs test.
National & International Appointments
1. First Female Officer to Lead a Combat Unit in the IAF: Captain Shaliza Dhami
- Hailing from Ludhiana, Group Captain Shaliza Dhami has been chosen by the Indian Air Force to head a combat unit in the western zone.
- This appointment marks the first instance of a female officer leading a frontline combat unit in the IAF’s history.
- At present, her posting is in the operations division of a leading command headquarters.
- Earlier, she made history by being the flight commander of a Chetak unit at the Hindon air station, another milestone for a female IAF officer.
2. Inaugural ‘Khelo India Dus Ka Dum’ Set for International Women’s Day 2023 Celebration
- As a precursor to the International Women’s Day festivities in 2023, the Department of Sports, under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, is gearing up to host the ‘Khelo India Dus Ka Dum’ tournament from March 10th to 31st.
- This initiative, marking a sports celebration for the global event, is unprecedented.
- To facilitate the tournament, the Ministry has allocated a budget of 50 lakh rupees.
- The opening ceremony, scheduled for March 10th at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Delhi, will witness the presence of the Youth Affairs and Sports Minister, Anurag Singh Thakur.
- Spanning across 10 cities, the tournament will showcase 10 sports disciplines, with an estimated 15,000 female athletes participating.
- The driving goal behind this tournament is to offer a platform for female athletes, especially those who haven’t had the chance to compete at the national or state levels, and to promote competitive sports in previously unreached regions.
3. Annual No Smoking Day Observed on 8 March 2023
- The annual No Smoking Day, a day to foster health consciousness, is celebrated on the second Wednesday of March each year.
- For this year, it coincides with March 8.
- The day’s aim is to motivate individuals to abandon smoking and to highlight the detrimental health implications of the habit.
- Smoking ranks as a primary cause for various cancers, including those of the lung, mouth, throat, bladder, and kidney.
4. Passing of Renowned Actor-Director Satish Kaushik
- The esteemed actor, director, and writer, Satish Kaushik, departed at 67 years of age.
- An integral figure in Indian cinema, he began his career on stage before transitioning to Bollywood.
- As a director, while movies like “Roop Ki Rani, Choron Ka Raja” and “Prem” didn’t fare well, he earned acclaim with hits such as “Hum Aapke Dil Me Rehte Hain” and “Tere Sang”, among others.