• A person who is involved in making secret or underhand plans.
Synonyms: plotter, conspirator, intriguer, conniver
Usage: Macbeth is a schemer and plotter who is eventually undone by his own misdeeds.
• An expression of vehement protest.
Usage: The fulminations of media moralists.
Synonyms: protest, objection, complaint, rant.
3. Missile Technology Control Regime
• The Missile Technology Control Regime is a multilateral export control regime. It is an informal political understanding among 35 member states that seek to limit the proliferation of missiles and missile technology. The regime was formed in 1987 by the G-7 industrialized countries.
4. Wassenaar Arrangement
• The Wassenaar Arrangement on Export Controls for Conventional Arms and Dual-Use Goods and Technologies is a multilateral export control regime with 42 participating states.
• The Wassenaar Arrangement is an elite club of countries which subscribe to arms export controls, similar to the Nuclear Suppliers Group and the Missile Technology Control Regime. The body came into being in 1996 to succeed the Cold War-era Coordinating Committee for Multilateral Export Controls.
5. Australia Group
• The Australia Group is a multilateral export control regime and an informal group of countries established in 1985 to help member countries to identify those exports which need to be controlled so as not to contribute to the spread of chemical and biological weapons.
Usage: Those whom God hath joined together let no man put asunder.
• Difficult to interpret or understand.
Usage: His stories were enigmatic fables set in the past, and could be understood as veiled political criticism.
Synonyms: mysterious, puzzling, hard to understand, mystifying, inexplicable, baffling
• An embankment built to prevent the overflow of a river.
• A ridge of sediment deposited naturally alongside a river by overflowing water.
Usage: So this levee was not designed to withstand a hurricane the magnitude of Katrina
9. Bharat Stage emission standards
• Bharat stage Emission Standards are emission standards instituted by the Government of India to regulate the output of air pollutants from internal combustion engines and Spark-ignition engines equipment, including motor vehicles.
• The standards and the timeline for implementation are set by the Central Pollution Control Board under the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change.
• The Indian government announced that the country would skip the BS-V norms altogether and adopt BS-VI norms by 2020.
• Supreme Court has banned the sale and registration of motor vehicles conforming to the emission standard Bharat Stage-IV in the entire country from April 1, 2020.
• Only slightly warm or lukewarm.
Usage: She soaked a flannel in the tepid water.
• Difficult to find, catch, or achieve.
Usage: Success will become ever more elusive.