• Act in an excessively subservient manner.
• Be sycophantic
Usage: Must we forever kowtow to US imperialism and be treated like the illegitimate children of the global economy?
Synonyms: Grovel, behave obsequiously, be obsequious, be servile, and fawn on.
• Classism is prejudice or discrimination on the basis of social class. It includes individual attitudes, behaviours, systems of policies and practices that are set up to benefit the upper class at the expense of the lower class or vice versa.
Usage: De-colonization is the primary issue if you oppose racism, sexism, classism and ageism
• Despotism is a form of government in which a single entity rules with absolute power. Normally, that entity is an individual, the despot, as in an autocracy, but societies which limit respect and power to specific groups have also been called despotic.
Usage: The primary cause of all this danger is the Arab world’s endemic despotism, corruption, poverty, and economic stagnation
4. Raison d’tetre
• Reason for being
• The sole or ultimate purpose of something or someone.
Usage: Surfing became his raison d’être.
• In a bold and shameless way.
Usage: Oppositions are brazenly defying the law.
• Deserving censure or condemnation.
Usage: How dishonourable and reprehensible, and I am very surprised that you would deal with such a person as this man is evolving to be.
Synonyms: deplorable, disgraceful, discreditable, disreputable, and despicable.
• A condition or qualification attached to an agreement or statement.
Usage: He let his house with the proviso that his own staff should remain to run it.
• Separate or distinguish from.
Usage: Art was being demarcated from the more objective science.
• Nonpartisanism is a lack of affiliation with, and a lack of bias toward, a political party.
• The transfer or delegation of power to a lower level, especially by central government to local or regional administration.
Usage: The prospects of agreement on a devolution package in the near future appear slim, however
• A person or thing situated away or detached from the main body or system.
Usage: A western outlier in the Andaman archipelago.
• A thing that is added or attached to something larger or more important.
Usage: They treat Scotland as a mere appendage of England.