• Having or showing knowledge of events before they take place.
Usage: A prescient warning of Cyclone Hana.
Synonyms: prophetic, predictive, visionary.
• A kiln is a thermally insulated chamber, a type of oven, that produces temperatures sufficient to complete some process, such as hardening, drying, or chemical changes.
Usage: Molding something out of clay, decorating it and glazing it, then firing it in the kiln is a fantastic experience for young artists
• Pyrolysis is the thermal decomposition of materials at elevated temperatures in an inert atmosphere. It involves a change of chemical composition and is irreversible.
4. Push off
• Go away.
Usage: I’ve got to push off and get to work.
Synonyms: go away, depart, leave, and take oneself off
• Insensitive and cruel disregard for others.
Usage: The callousness of using children to send a political message.
• The dry pulpy residue left after the extraction of juice from sugar cane.
Usage: The Shree Tatyasaheb Kore Warana, is a sugar factory that produces 40000 tons of bagasse a year.
• Throw or drop something from an aircraft or ship.
Usage: Six aircraft jettisoned their loads in the sea.
• Abandon or discard someone or something that is no longer wanted.
Usage: The scheme was jettisoned by Modi Government.
• Not being what it purports to be; false or fake.
Usage: Separating authentic and spurious claims.
Synonyms: bogus, factitious, counterfeit, fraudulent, trumped-up.
9. Specious Vs Spacious
• Specious means superficially plausible, but actually wrong.
Usage: A specious argument between politicians.
• Spacious means especially of a room or building with having ample space.
Usage: The hotel has a spacious lounge and TV room.
• Having retired but allowed to retain their title as an honour.
Usage: Emeritus professor of microbiology.